Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m just big on conservation and not throwing things into landfills, 06 grand marquis was gpas, any insight on this fuel leak? My eco-consciousness goes far, but 1200 for fuel tank repair on this is tough, while a fuel line at 100 is more my comfort zone.

Strap rusted and broke before I became aware of the prob. If the hole was at the top of the tank, I couldn’t make it out with the space created using 2x jack stands. Wondering if these pics are definitively either of them.

All insight is highly valued.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I’m just big on conservation and not throwing things into landfills, 06 grand marquis was gpas, any insight on this fuel leak? My eco-consciousness goes far, but 1200 for fuel tank repair on this is tough, while a fuel line at 100 is more my comfort zone.

Strap rusted and broke before I became aware of the prob. If the hole was at the top of the tank, I couldn’t make it out with the space created using 2x jack stands. Wondering if these pics are definitively either of them.

All insight is highly valued.

I have a 2004 Grand Marquis and had the fuel tank replaced at a local shop for 700 bucks that included new straps. Rock Auto, their best fuel tank is 146.79 . 1200 to put in a new fuel tank is ridiculous! Is that at a dealership? Not sure what kind of room you have doing it on jack stands. I had to have mine done because my brain says I can do it and my body says BS! Let us know how you make out.

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
I'd be suspecting both rust spots you focused on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2004 Grand Marquis and had the fuel tank replaced at a local shop for 700 bucks that included new straps. Rock Auto, their best fuel tank is 146.79 . 1200 to put in a new fuel tank is ridiculous! Is that at a dealership? Not sure what kind of room you have doing it on jack stands. I had to have mine done because my brain says I can do it and my body says BS! Let us know how you make out.
Hey, thanks for the insight! It was a Midas where I had my oil changed. The tech noted a fuel tank leak and they quoted me over the phone the next day. I bought some JB weld in the hopes that I would be able to find the hole. Came here after I was unsuccessful.

I'd be suspecting both rust spots you focused on.
Yea, it was a mess under there! I got suited up, ski mask and protective glasses, still came out crying for a shower. Does anything here indicate fuel line or fuel tank? Fuel line repair I would probably spring for.

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
Any drips? If you've never seen a drip, it's likely to be the top of the tank, constant drips when idling, probably a fuel line. No guaranties in either case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts