Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems to do it off and on again...don't know. soon as you start it seems to just die....then when you go into reverse. other than that..it's ok...don't know what to try??

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Lets start with the basics....tune up? Have you tried cleaning the MAF? When did you last tune up the car? Can you explain in detail whats going on when it dies?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't see to matter if it's cold or hot, when you start it, it tends to just slow die watching the tach!If it does staying running it also does it when u bump into to reverse. Car is a Auto, mind you! Dont' do it into drive that she has told me, just in park and R, it has done it to me so, i know she's not fibbing...LOL any help would be good!!

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Sounds maybe like some fuel issues such as the fuel filter or pump. Id have it checked for pressure. If you dont have enough pressure then you know its either of those 2. It probably would be a good idea to change the fuel filter anyway.

·
97 Probe SE
66 Posts
Agree with five, it does indeed soudn like something tied to the fuel system, either the pump or injectors.....I would look into the pump first, because wihtout that, you have NOTHING

1 - 5 of 5 Posts