Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mob in Sydney doing woodgrain dashes for the XR.
covers the vents, the dash buttons, the strip on the glove box, etc phone this mob. the dash looks good. 10/10

Restore a Dash
Unit 11 39 Marigold Street
Revesby NSW 2212
ph 02-9773-4163
fax 02 9771-6741

*ALSO DO THE WHITE DIALS FOR THE SPEEDO*

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not wood as such. Im looking at it now, its made by 3M and is attached to whatever part of the dash by a non-removable glue. in other words when she's stuck... she's stuck.
it is I suppose what you would call a deep mahogany adhesive label approx 2-3 mm thick. good colour and dimension. and a perfect fit. these are not cheap, cost me $300 plus. I think he said he also has an alloy look as well.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Is it actual wood or cheap looking plastic?
I know a place here in NZ that also does woodgrain dashes for the AU series Falcon, they also have carbon fibre effects aswell.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Jaytyn I couldn't get the link to work. Are these the same people that Doc is talking?

$300 Plus How much PLUS is plus
Sounds good. I twould be a timber design in a plasitc stick on.
How thick is it?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no its not plastic, more like a pliable rubber, but firm.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
The alloy look sounds interesting - never been big on the woodgrain...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I like wood grain but worry that it might look out of place in an XR.
The alloy might be the go or the carbon fibre look that J type was talking about. I would want to see this stuff for my self

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Ian, Try this http://www.burgdesign.com.au/
They are an actual replacement centre console section rather than just a stick on :) They come in carbon fibre or brushed alloy finish.

I had a stick on woodgrain dash kit for my laser, looked good, but for $300 i expected a replacement console not a sticker!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
jaytyn said:
Ian, Try this http://www.burgdesign.com.au/
They are an actual replacement centre console section rather than just a stick on :) They come in carbon fibre or brushed alloy finish.

I had a stick on woodgrain dash kit for my laser, looked good, but for $300 i expected a replacement console not a sticker!
That sounds like something I should look at but the link still doesn't work for me. I will do a search for them. Thanks for your help:cool:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
J-type said:
Is it actual wood or cheap looking plastic?
I know a place here in NZ that also does woodgrain dashes for the AU series Falcon, they also have carbon fibre effects aswell.
I've seen the carbon fibre, AWESOME STUFF!!

**dreams**
:( :( :( :( :( ;)

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
link works for me......i like the brushed alloy, i think woodgrain in an XR would look dodgey!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I give up. I have tried four or five times and I can get into that site.

What do they have? Is it just the centre surround or do they include the strip in the dash as well?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
may look alright with leather interior. I'm going to try it. if it's no good well tough it's her car. (lol)

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Carbon fibre.....looks like they only have it in AuII:nuts:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I had the stick on stuff on the EB, it lasted around 6 months then peeled off

The XR got the paint job, If you can afford it take off what you what done and have your local panel shop paint it, I took the expensive option and had mine painted the 2 tone look but I prefer that to the ugly grey finished they have used

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
may look alright with leather interior. I'm going to try it. if it's no good well tough it's her car. (lol)
Woodgrain either fake or real is associated with up market luxury cars. Noramlly if this is a feature of the dash you see something on the door trims as well, but not always.(fairmont)

I agree with Doc. With a leather interior it could look very good, but I would need to see it. The sport interior of my car has basically been removed so it is something I would consider. I also want to see the alloy and fibre options. I also don't mind what Laminge has done to his! What I would really like to do is get the Fairmont dash and put in mine

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CARBON FIBRE LOOKS OK. my problem is I cant get the stereo out to replace the surround. the farkers jammed solid

1 - 20 of 31 Posts