Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the XR6 today, and I'm a happy, happy boy!! :D :D :D

It's going to take me a little time to get used to the extra power this baby has over the old one. I've already had the backend WAY out being a little aggressive around a corner, but it won't be long before I've settled in. Tried taking some digital snaps, but there wasn't enough natural light, and the flash was rather ineffective, so I'll grab some tomorrow and post them in the Members Ride board.

The stereo is great, and I feel much better knowing the gear is Pioneer, being a fan of this brand of audio/video stuff. :thumbup:

The car sounds nice winding it up in 1st/2nd, though I do miss the note of the old beast. With that in mind, I'm wondering what mods are best first. Naturally, I'd want to keep to mods that won't affect the warranty while that is in effect, but after that, it's open slather. Someone mentioned Tickford use mild steel exhausts, so perhaps a header/exhaust upgrade is the best thing to do first.

Plan to get some good driving done over the weekend to 'become one' with the car. R.I.P. VenomS, long live VNMSXR! :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom S said:
Picked up the XR6 today, and I'm a happy, happy boy!! :D :D :D
Well done Venom S. Good to see a happy camper in the village!! Congrats on your new baby.. :D :thumbup:

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Congrats again Venom S

Headers / Exhaust: Yeah get the beast sounding as she should be and unleash a few horses along the way :thumbup:

Jase

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
478 Posts
Venom S

How does it feel to be enjoying the niceties of remote keyless entry, power windows and handbrake next to your left hand? Not to mention stero controls on the wheel.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Good to hear mate! Is she a HP or VCT? The HP is alot of fun around the corners, especially in the wet............

Just need a unichip, 2.5 inch exhaust, decent extracters, maybe a supercharger or turbo, dump her.........................................have I woken up yet?

Enjoy it, I hope you have no troubles

Jas

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Venom S,

Good to see your happy with the new baby, i'll have to look out for you on the roads when i'm around penrith.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Here's my recommendation for security:
(Only a puppy in this photo, now 55kg+)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Grouse Venom S that you've got the new baby.
I'm sure that you'll enjoy countless hours behind the wheel:cool:
Good to see that you got the manual, more fun, bloody hard to find mind you:(
After the hastle of losing the old beast, an alarm should definitely be on the cards..
As Happy Jack says, "Have Fun".
See ya,
Rastus.

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THE DOCTOR said:
may I suggest a car alarm....no pun
A fitted alarm was the only dealer-fitted option I didn't hesitate on. That was always going to be the case.

It's been an eventful weekend, for sure. Early Sat. morning I had a call from the Windsor police - the old beast was found! Not in too bad shape, naturally anything that could be stolen from it was, but they left the wheels, and the stereo speakers. Some damage, as they went offroading in it to break it down, though it turns out it was also used in a theft. Anyone want to buy a 5spd man EA S? :D

As for the new car, having a ball. Had my first V8 kill last night, driving home from a gig with a mate from Canberra who was crashing at my place. He has a VR SS auto, and while the victory was small, a win is still a win. Another mate from Canberra who came up is a Ford nut, so he won't let him forget the defeat for some time. :evil:

Anakha, the mod cons this car has vs the old is great. Still keep reaching for the old handbrake though. :D

Pete, that sort of security would be great, only my backyard would be lucky to be big enough for a toy dog. :thumbdown

I've posted a picture in the Members ride, probably not the best pic, but I get some real photos done and scanned eventually.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom S said:
Anakha, the mod cons this car has vs the old is great. Still keep reaching for the old handbrake though. :D
I had the same problem when I got the AU.. :CraZ: Missus always looked at me funny and said "what the hell are you doing??".. hehe Fun and games with a new toy.. :D :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing