Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Crown Vic Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...
This Friday, coming home from school with my fiancee...
I managed to mangle my poor baby on the Interstate. A nasty curve and a nasty bump in the rain, and little too fast for spare that was getting low on my rear-passenger side.
The evening before, I had put a goodsize metal stake through that same tire, and had mounted the spare and taken the tire to have it fixed. It was chilly, so I decided that I would wait to put my good tire back on till the next day... bad idea.
The spare was leaking and starting to go flat, I hit a bump on that nasty curve (North on I-75, exiting Dayton, Ohio) and when the two rear tires came down, the spare started spinning and launched the car sideways. I overcorrected and turned it around the other way, smashing my rear end into a concrete retaining wall at over 45mph.
I've decided to fix it myself, and it is amazing how easily one can fix $6000 of damage if you have most of the right tools. I've only worked on it for a few days, and it's almost ready for the new paint job already!
While I'm at it, I figure I'll throw on a few body mods so that something good will come out of this other than the new paint!;-)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Glad you and your fiancee came out the wreak alright. At least you can do some mods now. Good luck with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts