Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member .. this is definitely Not my first car...
Currently trying to finish it for the Targa Tasmania 02.
It cost me $300 to buy..just hit $20k !! Love the Old style Fords
Let me know if you want a link to the rest of the pictures.
jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's wild violet ..well a version of it ... it's got a bit more metallic and a pearl.

At the moment the mods are ...
slotted discs, braided brake lines, late model calipers & bendix ultimates, lowered 'competition' suspension ( koni's etc ) 16x8 alloys, disc brake 9 inch with a 3.25 ratio, top loader, 4bolt 351 (pretty mild at the moment but more to come). I have to climb over the new seats to get to the computer.
Eveything is either new or reco'd which is why I am damned poor at the moment ... the engine is next.. then the cage and then it's off I go !

I haven't had a coupe for a long time ... it was going to be a run around but it got out of control....

jeff

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Hey welcome to the board XA. I have the list of targa entries infront of me and I don't see your car on it yet. You should see the cars they want to get for the 2002 year. I hope to see you down here next year flying the Ford flag.

BTW Very nice car

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ,

Last year I was going to be entry 506 (yes, the car is a fairmont not a GT !! ) but we ran out of south pacific pesos before the event so had to pull out. Due to an admin hiccup we ended up sending our entry form in before the $$ so we wont appear just yet.

Love tassie and hope to bring the car over for a tour before the race anyway!!

jeff

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Jeff Make sure you give me a line before you head down. Love to see your car close up and issue you will your official Tassie welcome Ford style:D

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
aww maaaaate, what a beast!!:nuts: :D :cool:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks ... the gearbox is coming out at the moment ...what a pain in the butt.... but while it's out may as well reco it .

I have had the car 18months... done about 700 ks. 500 to and from where I got it painted.... one day I will get to drive it for real...

jeff

·
XA Falcon Owner
91 Posts
Great looking car youve got there . I also love the older style Fords especially XAs having owned 3 coupes and 2 sedans.
In my opinion one of the most underated older Falcons there is.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
must agree.. this is the second XA I have had .. the 1st was a 6cyl auto sedan ... my 2nd car ... I wore it out quickly !! The rest have been XB's and XC's. Always liked the XA so I went and got one !!

Jeff

(got the box out ... bloody hell it's heavy !! )

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
gzr351 said:
Great looking car youve got there . I also love the older style Fords especially XAs having owned 3 coupes and 2 sedans.
In my opinion one of the most underated older Falcons there is.
Got to agree there.I had an XAGT 4 door and I thought(and still think) it was the best looking model GT getting around. All the running gear of it's much vaunted predecessor but in a better package.
Love the Coupes too. Yours looks sensational:nuts: ...What other Aussie car can you fit 295's under the @rse with no mods???:cool:
Russell.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from memory the Xa was marginally slower over the quarter, 15.5 vs 15.8 but was a couple of seconds quicker 0.100 (mph). The body shape obviously helping it along at high speed.

Once I have the thing sorted out ( and a job now !! ) I may put biggies on the back !

jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts