Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I had fitted to a Tank Fairlane 9 inch housing (comes with early big bearing) XA disc brakes. What bearing did the XA falcon disc rear ends use ? I am buying a complete Wilwood reardisc brake kit and want to know what bearing flange I have to order the correct kit, which comes in small bearing, early big bearing, new style big bearing.

I know I can pull the axle out and look at the bearing flenge but that would be a [email protected] I am ssuming its the small bearing at this stage.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You have 2 choices.
1. order both kits to ensure you have thr right one
2. pull the thing to bits and order the correct parts to begin with.

your choice chum

Cheers
Jas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulling the rear axle out just far enough to see the flange isn't too much of a hassle unless its sstuck and I need a slide hammer axlem puller, also the car is not at my house so getting down to have a look is another hassle. As i said before from memory I was told it was a wide small bearing just not sure if the Ausie diffs were different than the USA ones.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ok just to clarify the XA didn't actually come with disc brakes but the LTD from that era onwards up to XC 9 inch diff uses bearing # 633028AR and the bearing measures 72mm OD x 37mm ID x 37mm wide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts