Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Ford Forums Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Bought A Pair Of Mirrors For My Xy, But I Went To Summernats A Few Weeks Ago And The Xy Gt's Had Different Mirrors Than I Had?
They Were Not As Wide And Mine Are More Of A Teardrop, Which Have A Bracket That Goes On The Bottom?(probobly Xa Xb Or Xc Ones)
Just Wondering If Anyone Knows If The Mirrors I Have Will Fit On My Xy?and If Anyone Has Any Brackets For The Bottom That They Would Sell To Me I Only Need One But Not Sure What Side Its Missing?
Cheers Tom

Attachments

· Windback all the way
86 Posts
XY GT's came out with tear drop mirrors, totally different to the XA/XB ones you have pictured..not sure of any brackets etc to make the XA/XB ones fit your XY....any reason you are not going with the factory chrome mirrors?, in my opinion they look a lot better and no hassles with fitting them

· Ford Forums Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XW_Fairmont said:
XY GT's came out with tear drop mirrors, totally different to the XA/XB ones you have pictured..not sure of any brackets etc to make the XA/XB ones fit your XY....any reason you are not going with the factory chrome mirrors?, in my opinion they look a lot better and no hassles with fitting them
WELL I ONLY HAVE ONE CHROME MIRROR AND I BOUGHT THE OTHER XA,XB MIRRORS HEAPS CHEAP AND THOUGHT THEY MIGHT LOOK GOOD, SO I PAINTED THEM AND NOW IM JUST THINKING HOW THEY WILL FIT!
DOES ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A LEFT HAND SIDE CHROME XY MIRROR FOR A GOOD PRICE?

· Registered
943 Posts
XW_Fairmont said:
from memory the left and right chrome mirrors are interchangable - so no diff....try your local wreckers...i picked one up not long ago for 15 bucks.
Correct...left and right XR-XY/ZA-ZD chrome mirror's are the same.You just turn the mirror head to suit which side you are fitting it to.There are two versions of these chrome mirrors...early ones have two counter-sunk holes on top of the mirror base to screw down the mirror's,while the later ones which I have only seen on XY look identical but don't have the two screw holes,and instead use two threaded lug's fitted to the under-side of the mirror for mounting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.