Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a XB Fairmont 302c ,C4 ,B+M Shift kit,9" diff.
It checks out fairly original (VIN,Plates etc),even the colour.Paint job pretty good.It has all the fairmont chrome trimming,Interior reasonable and little or no rust in vehicle.
Motor and running gear seems reasonable.
Currently unregistered.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS WORTH ,ROUGHLY???????

·
MoreHPformyXR6
83 Posts
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS WORTH ,ROUGHLY???????[/QUOTE]

Red Book Code FORD75FM
1975 FORD FAIRMONT

XB Sedan 4dr Auto 3sp 302
National average price - private sale* $700 - $1,500

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
Personally I'd say around $5000 but we really need pics to give it a true value. Red Book is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. Have a look at a phase 3 and you will see what I am on about. The true "enthusists" value is normally higher.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
MoreHPformyXR6 said:
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS WORTH ,ROUGHLY???????

Red Book Code FORD75FM
1975 FORD FAIRMONT

XB Sedan 4dr Auto 3sp 302
National average price - private sale* $700 - $1,500
Red book is useless on vehicles over 25!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gsw said:
Personally I'd say around $5000 but we really need pics to give it a true value. Red Book is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. Have a look at a phase 3 and you will see what I am on about. The true "enthusists" value is normally higher.
This is a photo(Hope it works)

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
Give it a good polish and wax and a bit of autosole on the wheels and it might look a lot better. From what I can see in the pic the paint looks a little past its used by date. Try to look past the paint though and see if there is any rust and how straight the body is. The less the panel beater needs to do to the body obviously the cheaper a respray is. Are you still looking at buying it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gsw said:
Give it a good polish and wax and a bit of autosole on the wheels and it might look a lot better. From what I can see in the pic the paint looks a little past its used by date. Try to look past the paint though and see if there is any rust and how straight the body is. The less the panel beater needs to do to the body obviously the cheaper a respray is. Are you still looking at buying it?
Yeh,I think I will.The main reason is I already have 1 Xb Falc(not on road yet) and just parts would be worth it.The Body itself even the floor pan looks pretty imaculate(Rust and straightness).Paint job like you say could do with a respray but thats not a problem for me.Everything else such as interior looks good (has been retrimmed)Wheels would get pissed off anyway.I already have a rebuilt 351c,C4 and 9" to use if I want. I just wanted an idea of what people would think its value 'as is' might be seeing I have n't owned an XB for 20 years. Its gonna cost me $1800.00

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
what are you waiting for??

you dont get much for $1800 these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts