Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
xc ute
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

Took my car over the pits today and there was only a few small things holding it back. one was that the handbrake light doesnt come on.

Any ideas?

And secondly my gearbox ,fmx, shifts up fine but when slowing down and it goes form 3rd to 2nd it does so really quite hard. but shifting up from 2nd to
3rd is smooth.

Any ideas there?

cheers andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts
gday chartoo. sometimes my xc hand brake light dosnt work, but what i found with mine was at the base of the hand brake tube which the handle slides in, theres a switch, and in the back of the switch a single red or orange wire (can`t remember) plugs into it. mine kept falling out because it was loose or worn. maybe thats also where your problem lies.............. sorry can`t help you with FMX.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Chartoo said:
hi all

Took my car over the pits today and there was only a few small things holding it back. one was that the handbrake light doesnt come on.

Any ideas?

And secondly my gearbox ,fmx, shifts up fine but when slowing down and it goes form 3rd to 2nd it does so really quite hard. but shifting up from 2nd to
3rd is smooth.

Any ideas there?

cheers andrew
Check the vacuum modulator on the gearbox. Make sure you have full vacuum at idle & check the hoses for splits. Also check the vacuum fitting in the manifold for a blockage (carbon buildup). The modulators on FMX auto's are adjustable, you can firm up or soften the shifts by screwing the little adjuster in or out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts