Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '78 XC Fairmont and I managed to back my passenger door into a skip bin as my mate was opening it. :AAHHH: Not a good idea. I would't recommend it to anyone. The door is rooted!
Anyways, can I fit an XA and/or an XB door to my XC or does it have to be an XC door?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i guess u can fit xa or xb doors mate but xc doors look much cooler and sexyer if u ask me and u can use zh fairlane doors if u had to they fit to

·
Registered
40 Posts
I recall that the curvature of the rear door window frame is different between models XA/XB and XC. You'll need to find XC doors to replace the damaged one.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
The XC Door is Different to the XB ( curve along the top) and the XB different to the XA (door handles). You will need an XC Door.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Jack, you're a dumbass. get an xc door. and don't worry about the colour.... YOU CAN PAINT IT!!!! hahahahaha. and that might be a crap pic of my xc on my website, but i've seen ALL the pics of your car (thanks edman), and i know which car i'd rather be seen in...... ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
and before everyone else has a go at me for saying that, he lives with my brother.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard about ur XC from edman. Im so jelious! It is hard over in NZ with trying to find other cars like mine. NZ sucks for older cars. I still don't even know if I will do my car up. I could buy another car already done up as I am not machanically minded etc. Edman told me that I shouldn't worry about the colour. Beggers can't be chooses for a start and the whole car needs a paint job but it is the prep work that I am worried about.

·
Registered
206 Posts
have you had a look at the wreckers in wanganui? theres always heaps of xa-xc's over there. well, there was when i was there.
craig- theres a wrecker somewhere between wanganui and waiouru i went to a few years ago, he had thousands of old cars there. i'm trying to remember exactly where it is... i'll have a look in my nz atlas tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I didn't know that there was one out that way. I will have to have a look myself. Get back to you on what I find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah, showed Craig the reply that you sent. He was on the floor laughing. He said that the funny part about it is that I got burnt by a perosn that I havn't even seen before and is all the way over in Auzzie. I felt so shamed but it was a good laugh. Nice burn I have to give you that! hehehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts