Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cleveland Powered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any info at all on the 1977 XC Moffat Specials? From what I can gather they were a Falcon 500 sedan 302ci with the GS pack fitted & XB GT style blackout paintwork.

A friend of mine's father had one years ago & would love to track one down.

I've only ever seen one pic of one & never seen one in the flesh.

Thanks
Matt

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
I seen one at the all ford day in geelong a few years back, red with GT blackouts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have one in my back yard (rushing to finnish garage to put it in ) i have had it for about 14 years now, in fairly good order out of rego for the last 3 years but wont take me much to get it back to spot on .LOVE IT.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know a bloke who had what he called a Moffet special XC Coupe. He had bought it new (i think he said in '79) and it was 100% original down to the tyres and all looked as if it had just come off the factory floor. It was vey much the same as a JGS only blue instead of where the green was on a white base. It had the Arcadipane front end (factory fitted), side flutes, white twelve slotters.
It was an amazing machine to look at.

·
socially irresponsible
1,194 Posts
Dmax said:
I know a bloke who had what he called a Moffet special XC Coupe. He had bought it new (i think he said in '79) and it was 100% original down to the tyres and all looked as if it had just come off the factory floor. It was vey much the same as a JGS only blue instead of where the green was on a white base. It had the Arcadipane front end (factory fitted), side flutes, white twelve slotters.

what is an Arcadipane front end? i've never heard of this before now. got any pics?

·
Fatso
600 Posts
Dmax said:

JGS came in green or blue with white.

·
Registered
49 Posts
what would one of these cars be worth today if it was is reasonable contidion with a bit of rust init.1 owner from new 302 auto in the red with black outs.only asking cause i know were one is for sale.

·
Fatso
600 Posts
EDXRSW said:
what would one of these cars be worth today if it was is reasonable contidion with a bit of rust init.1 owner from new 302 auto in the red with black outs.only asking cause i know were one is for sale.

I saw one go for about $5,500 anout 18 months ago (white with black). Looked in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hay mate i have one! m keeping it to! mine is white with the black outs! it took me years to find any thing on them! still have very little. got it when i was seventeen, m now 26, one of these days i will do her up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts