Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
New toy in the shed
563 Posts
Good luck i have been looking for years for new. And as for second hand most people i know who have them want part with them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
peter rumsey said:
does anyone no where to find new ones,or have any in mint cond?.
Those lights carry a Ford UK part number (lights only, the light assy carrys a Aust number). I belive they are the same as the Mk1 Granada (XD lights are the same as MK2 Granada). I would try ebay.co.uk or search for Ford Granada clubs in the UK.

Steve

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I managed to get a NOS set from a car club member two years ago $150 each. Got tail lights, front and side blinkers as well. I just sold a very good set on E Bay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21654&item=4590459537
And I threw two sets out. Try Albury speed an performance I think that's where all the guys in the car club bought theirs, it was somewhere in Albury. Rare Spares sells 'em, ex Taiwan. I had a set of theirs for over ten years and they do the job. Mine had smaller reflectors then usual but the set I just sold were non-genuine with full-sized reflectors. The way you tell a genuine one is the Lucas brand name on the glass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If anyone needs some, I can get some non-genuine "new" XC square headlights, one side only tho (not sure which one). I believe that non-genuine lights are no longer made, so it's second hand from now on.

e-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
If the rectangular XC headlamp is the same as the UK MkI Granada one, I phoned an obsolete UK Ford parts supplier here in the UK, and he has one, driver side headlamp in stock, shop-soiled (as his description), for 49GBP (you work out the exchange rate).

Lucas stopped making them twenty years ago, he said.

The rh one has been gone for years and the lh supply just seems to have dried up within the past few years.

Sorry.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Intercooled said:
If the rectangular XC headlamp is the same as the UK MkI Granada one, I phoned an obsolete UK Ford parts supplier here in the UK, and he has one, driver side headlamp in stock, shop-soiled (as his description), for 49GBP (you work out the exchange rate).

Lucas stopped making them twenty years ago, he said.

The rh one has been gone for years and the lh supply just seems to have dried up within the past few years.

Sorry.
Well that buggers that idea. I have one set of NOS for my Coupe, I need a set for my wagon. What a pain. Can you PM to me who it was you called. I will try and get a pair sent to my old man and pick em up when I am over there next.

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
http://www.btinternet.com/~newfordpartscentre/

This was the company I called.

Here is the UK Granada club.

http://www.ford-granadaguild.org.uk/

There are some links to obsolete suppliers on that site.

Considering the number of Mk I's on their pictures page you would have thought that someone would do them. There are a couple of motor factors in town. If I have a chance I will call in and ask them.

By the way, did you know that there are Perana Mk I Granada's, fitted like the Capri's with 302ci Windsor V8's ? A couple were imported here a couple of years ago and featured in our 'Classic Ford' magazine. At least one was a coupe.

Interesting cars.

·
New toy in the shed
563 Posts
I have the pair that have just come of my GXL. Both are in very good condition and come with the mounting brackets. Let me know if they are any good to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello peter. I have 2 genuine xc rectangle headlights still in boxes with some surface rust in them that I want to sell. Cheers Darren

1 - 14 of 14 Posts