Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Australian Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Need an honest opinion on what my XD351 might be worth. This car has been garaged for the past 15 years and has been rebuilt from the ground up. It has not really been driven in anger for the past 8 years. It spends most of it's life under a car cover in a garage.

In Summary
XD 351 Sedan with XE faimont Ghia front, painted in Glasurit Diamond shwartz paint (BMW Grey, still looks like the day it was painted).
Motor 30thou oversize, Flattop Pistons, Yella Terra Roller Rockers, 780 Double Pumper, Double row timing Chain, 2v Closed chamber heads, cam specs approx phase 3 grind, Edelbrock performer manifold, Moroso Air cleaner, H & M Headers, single 3 inch exhaust. Battery has been rewired and repositioned in battery box in Boot. Top loader box Disc brake 9" rear with 3.5 ratio. Gold 16" Simmons B45's with Yoko tyres. Alpine stereo with Boston Acoustic rear speakers.
Kmac sway Bars and Springs, Koni Adjustable shocks all round. This car was a real labour of love, Interior is the only thing that remains unfinished, have new door trims and window rubbers just needs trimming.
Reason for selling - basically, I'm getting too old for playing around with cars and need the room. Would suit an enthusiast. What are your thoughts on Value???

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Please avoid cross posting in the forums mate.

But as a big fan of the XD series I tell ya that car should return some quite good $$... if only I had those sorts of funds :(

·
Australian Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the cross posting, wasn't sure which thread to put it under. so put it in both. I'll see if I can organise a pic. Any ideas on what it might fetch?

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
For a fully bombed XD sedan, mint paint, fresh 351, good diff & gearbox, just in need of some TLC inside, i would pay AT LEAST $12,500.

Just wanna see what it looks like!

S

·
0 Posts
power

Hey chook have you ever had it dynoed? if not what do you estimate the power to be?

and did the XD's have cat converter or was that on the XE's

·
xe 351
67 Posts
how do you find the 3inch exhaust? is the noise it puts out legal and what mufflers do you have on it? also what kind of rpms does it do on the freeway with the 3.5 gears?

also to sideways ef both the xd's and xe's were leaded - ie. no cats.

·
Australian Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re the 3' exhaust , probably a bit too loud, have been considering putting on a rear resonator, but as it doesn't get driven much has not been high on the agenda.

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride.... I think $12,000 with a finished interior would be a fair price.
Of course you could try for more. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts