Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here changed the pedal box in a XD V8 from an Auto to Manual? Can i just remove the rod from the manual box and move the rod and the clutch/brake pedal to the auto box? or are the boxes different? do I need to remove the dash to get it out? is it easier to just swap the entire box over ... auto's drive me batty :nuts:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Mental

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool, i havent had a chance to get back to my ford yet .. but from my last encounter I assumed that I would have to remove the dash to get the pin out .. has anyone done this without having to remove the dash? or did i just miss something totaly obvious :doh:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mental said:
Ok cool, i havent had a chance to get back to my ford yet .. but from my last encounter I assumed that I would have to remove the dash to get the pin out .. has anyone done this without having to remove the dash? or did i just miss something totaly obvious :doh:
No you can do it easily without removing the dash etc.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I just removed the rod and stuck the brake and clutch pedals in. You don't need to remove the whole pedal box.....that would be a big job :hy: Actually, I lie, I just did the clutch pedal and hit the fat brake pedal with an angle grinder ;)

It's a bit squeezy down there with the console getting in the way, but a few double jointed elbows come in handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts