Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ive just had a 9 inch diff made up for my xe (witch has been an absolute nightmare from the start) and when ive gone to put the watts linkage on it is about 2 inches further back at the diff pivot point than at the chassis bracket points,,has anyone come across this before,,am i missing something ,,or is it normal to just twist the brackets so it lines up??

cheers Marty

· 82XE 351c
628 Posts
yeah marty i have just gone through the same thing. I would not be surprised if it was the same builder...

The pivot point always seems to get put back a bit too much, i think they might be allowing for thicker bars or something or just don;t get it right....

Anyway i got mine to fit and then lowered the car weight back down, it looks alot better when dropped. expect to chew out bush's every know and then. I am going to get some nice bars made up, then adjust the pivot point so its the best i can get....

don't be to worried though, once the car is lowered and the anlge smoothes out a little, the watts can still travel and do its job. not as good as factory by an means though...

expensive bloody buggers to get a good 9" in a XE hey!

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Praccy thanks for replying,,yep ive since cut the angle bracket that supports the watts bolt off, then cut it down and welded it probly a 1/2 an inch closer to the housing,,i then gave the housing and the pivot a gentle :)bash:) and it looks alot better now,,This car dosnt have any std rubber bushes in it,,there all nolathane including the steering coupling ,circuit race car,so willl see how it goes,,its a shame the borgy wont handle 550 hp.

Thanks again pracy:))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.