Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Green's Tuff!
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old man is selling his old XE Fairmont Ghia.
It's been parked in the same spot and hasnt moved for about 6 months or so, and he's moving house so it has to go.
OK, it's not the best example you would have seen, but its not tottaly buggered either.
I'll list its good bits first.

Power Steering
4.1 EFI on LPG
Power Windows (all work)
Power drivers mirror
5 Ghia Mags with good tyres
Full Ghia interior in pretty good condition (needs a clean)
headlight protectors.
most of the hanging panels are straight and rust free.
I was the last person to drive it, and it drives fine.

The bad parts...
Its got a bit of rust, nothing major, but it would have to be fixed for a Roadworthy.
It also doesnt have an Airflow Meter, so it wont start/drive at the moment.
It would probably be best suited as a parts car.

$350 ono.

·
Green's Tuff!
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is actually located in Stony Creek, which is about 20k's east of Leongatha, which is in South Gippsland.
The color is metallic Silver.

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Mmmn silver, but don't know when, if ever, I could get down stoney creek way, oh well good luck to your dad anyways.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I no its for free and all and i do live in morwell but could you send me that pic? Id love to snap this up but me dad isnt too keen. For free you should expect all sorts of problems! and should be greatful! but i just wanna know if it leaks alotta oil. See you soon
By the way my email is [email protected]
Regards
Anthony

·
Green's Tuff!
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Picture I have of it doesnt really show the condition of it as the picture is not actually of the car, the car just happens to be in the pic. :)
As far as I know it leaks oil from the rocker cover and thats it, I was going to fix it myself when I was driving it but never got around to it.

·
Wannabe mechanic :)
694 Posts
Dude, I'd feel bad to take it for free :p

But I will.. Just lemme hire a tandem, and find somewhere to put it :) Also, any ideas on what replacing the MAF/MAP would cost?

·
Green's Tuff!
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have another guy interested in it, but If I havent heard back from him in the next few days I'll have to assume he's not interested, and I'll then get in contact with you and organise something. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey if that other person is me, juarez can take it. Looks like my old man wont let me get it since theres no room 4 it at the moment. A great bargain and thanks for your time heritage.
Cheers
Anthony

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
Pick Me, Pick Me!

If there is any remote chance of these deals falling through, I'll come and get it immediately.

Please let me know what happens.

Phone: 0408515514

·
Wannabe mechanic :)
694 Posts
Umm, there is a chance.. my friend doesn't seem desperately desperate to get this car (weirdo :p), and I myself can't really get it :(

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
No Worries dude.

Just wait and see what Heritage says :)

·
Green's Tuff!
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car is gone!

Unfortunately My Dad thought it would be a good idea to ring 1 of those places that take cars away for free, even after I TOLD him that there was a guy that would come and get it immediately. So some fella is going to strip it and make quite a few dollars selling of the Ghia pieces.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts