Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me if a ea carby motor will going to a xe falcon?
Hopefully with out to much work. Do i ned the computer or can I somehow get it to run without it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
as far as I know ea's didn't come out with a carby motor.
And if there was there would be no need for a computer box would there?
Do you meen CFI (central fuel injection)...looks like a carby?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nope! :fraz:

Why do you want to put 3.9L in your XE.
why not just sell your XE and buy an EA :fingers: or EB.
EA's are dirt cheap with what you will spend on putting a 3.9L in your XE its not worth it (that's if a 3.9 would fit)??
Just my 10c worth
Cheers!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Use a MPFI motor, 3.9 or 4L are similar prices, and since you'll have to wire up a computer for CFI or MPFI then I wouldn't bother with the CFI if I was you - it's a real slug!
Personally - Do the job properly, spend about $700 - $1k on a good EF motor with coil pack, computer, wiring, etc, and make your dash fit the EF engine bay loom. Or, try to make the EF dash fit.... That'd be something different! :wnc:

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
from the replies you got most say its not worth it. lol good on em. it'd definatley be worth it, a CFi EA has the same power as a EFi XE!~!!

to fit the motor, use XG ute engine mounts (XF chassis EB engine)
IMO, go Multipoint injection, 145kw (from memory) stock
dont know a great deal about the elecs side of it, but i guess you could use the harnes out of the EB, and using an XG ute cluster you'll have modern guages.

ive seen the conversion in a mates XF Ghia, EB2 4 litre and 4 speed auto.
totally changed the car :wnc:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Try talking to aaron_hogan, he's doing this kind of conversion atm. Worked out well for me coz i bought his turbo ready x-flow, but he wanted the newer motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts