Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an XE and my mate got a VL...
he keeps on sayin his car is faster, which it is in a race, but he has got 3.5 gears, in his...
how can i quickly cheaply add more rwkw to stop his sayin that a holden is betta than a ford, and for him to start respecting my car?

also 2 more things...
1 when the auto is cold, will it show that its got more fluid than when its hot? after i warm it up, therei s nothing on the dipstick, but if the car is cold, its overfull?????

2 where do i start looking for a rev limiter? i wanna limit it to 5000.. 200 above redline....

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
your trannys low... to check the oil they should be warm, engine running, left in park... this should give u an accurate reading to the level of oil... hope it helps

·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats why, i want a rev limiter

so i dont blow it

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
MaD_WoG said:
how can i quickly cheaply add more rwkw to stop his sayin that a holden is betta than a ford, and for him to start respecting my car?
Three numbers for you 3 5 and 1!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have a vl. vl's are slow. if you want cheap mods.. do the usual shit like build yaself a cold air intake. new gears for the xe shouldnt be too expensive, try getting yourself like 3.9's or 4.11's or something like that which is near the 4's. maybe even an lsd unit from a fairmont? alot of people will say not to do this because it takes off the topend speed, but then again, how often do you go topspeed?

you could probably pick up a stall converter relatively cheaply as well, try 2500 or so.

good luck with the race :D

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
Put in a manual, LSD, Extractors, exhaust, and make sure the motor is tuned, and you should beat him no worries.

If you want more, as suggested above, three numbers 3 5 1....

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
it doesnt make sense that you get more oil when cold, cause everything expands when heated.

check when warm on a level grade, cycle through the gears and isnt it leave it in nutrual when checking?

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
It's to do with the oil running back into the pan after the car has been sitting for a while.

And I reckon that you check the oil with the engine off on XD-XF Falcons, have a look on the dipstick, it has the checking instructions written on it.

·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
new plans
i got some new numbers and letters today
3 months
500 bux
302 windsor + FMX
= FUN!
next question, can you have a windsor in an xe? they come with v8, but clevo, not windsor... will it matter?

its got an lsd at the moment.... pitty its an xe, not d, i could have an old ltd with a 9" for 500 bux as well, only its had an engine fire, and needs sum work.... this ute is mad

its got a new holley 600, but he is taking it off, :( gonna have a 2bbl, mild cam, and small stally..... hehehe, bye bye vl

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
If you beat Ferarris, why even bother trying to beat a VL? What a waste of time.

Good luck with the V8 conversion - should provide a bit more oompf!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
V8 would do the trick,if tuned properly,for the 6 a zorst ,air induction,tuned,diff,trans service and with yours a good carby wouldnt be too bad either..
wreckers are the best way to deal with cheap mods..

good luck..

·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmmm...... ferrari blood..... i still wish we had mums old xd, and i was on my learners... the fun i had

new deal, if i provide 2 xe ghia headlight glasses, i can get the ute for 300 bux :D
now, to scoure the wreckers hehehe

all i will, HOPEFULLY need is an accelerator cable, v8 bieng longer, and a 3 core radiator and a thermo switch for my fan MAD

hmmm.. gotta mild cam, small stally, its a ute, so hopefully got a better ratio, and hope its lsd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts