Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help with this, it's got me stumped.

XF Falcon '87 air conditioner is not blowing cold air. It was recently serviced and regassed, and was working at that time, but a couple of days ago, it started blowing normal non-cooled air.

Checked view window and gas is flowing, and the two pipes leading to behind the glovebox are very cold, so at least that aspect of the system is working.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance...

·
It finally arrived May'03
170 Posts
My XG ute had the same problem. Came down to be mismatched vacuum pipes that control the air flow direction. Thats the gas pressure type noise when you change the air direction from face -to floor- to screen. The rubber hose maybe deterioated enough so they aren't working or even mismatched.

Maybe worth a look. Any decent air con guy should be able to tell you straight away

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MercSilvXR6 said:
My XG ute had the same problem. Came down to be mismatched vacuum pipes that control the air flow direction. Thats the gas pressure type noise when you change the air direction from face -to floor- to screen. The rubber hose maybe deterioated enough so they aren't working or even mismatched.

Maybe worth a look. Any decent air con guy should be able to tell you straight away
Hi, Thank you for that. I'll be checking it out and let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts