Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an XF 5spd and have terrible problems with diff bounce. I thought it was the diff, but when I blew my old diff and got the new one, it still did the same.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Cheers
Matt

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
xf_xr6 said:
I currently have an XF 5spd and have terrible problems with diff bounce. I thought it was the diff, but when I blew my old diff and got the new one, it still did the same.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Cheers
Matt
Check your control arm bushes and shocks...

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its got brand new shocks in it, not sure how to check control arms. Anything specific I should look at?

Cheers
Matt

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Use a tyre lever and check for movement from front to back or vice versa. The less movement there the less bounce you'll get...

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Driveshaft????

Maybe ya D/S not ballanced. It might have happened.

What makes ya think it's the Diff?

Ya haven't got a buckled wheel???

I thoght diff bounce was when ya loos and make tracion during a burn out!!!

·
Veteran revhead
413 Posts
Easy solution, dont do any burnouts!! single wheeler Falcons are legendary for their diff bounce....thats why I always make sure I have LSD when I buy a car!!
Besides, LS is more fun anyway.:)

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
What are you doing to make it bounce??? Haha

Na check all the bush's that hold it in there.Lever with strong screw driver should get hardly any movment..
Better still replace them any way,if the shocks havn.t been changed at say over 100,ooo kl CHANGE them and bush's as well..

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know its defiantely NOT the shocks cause I have brand new shocks and springs in it. So i guess it must be the bush's.

I'll replace them and see how it goes.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts