Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My friend is selling his XF. He has just got married and bought a house so he is getting rid of his car.

It is a 1985 XF Fairmont Ghia and he has replaced many parts

white
reco engine 4.1 f/inj (8000 km old)
sports cam (suited to gas)
dual fuel (starts on petrol, changes to gas automatically)
extractors
2.5" exhaust
lowered all round King springs Monroe shockers
full electrics including trip computer
gold interior
air con system overhauled and regassed
XG front grille
colour coded mirrors and bumpers
4 brand new tyres
five standard ghia rims

The car is not registered so he is looking for a quick sale as is

$1800 ONO

He can be contacted on 0411 498 346

·
Registered
81 Posts
Zaff,
Do you know how many kms in total this car has done? Also would you know for would need to be done for a r.w.c? Whats the overall conditiopn of the car, would u say its very neat for an old car or would you say it would need a bit of work? Your help would be great
Cheers
Anthony

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has about 277000 kms

To get a roadworthy it needs a few things but many of these can be performed by anyone with a bit of mechanical knowledge. These include master brake cylinder, speedo transducer leaking and rear brakes.

The car has some rust on the scuttle board under next to the windscreen and some very minor rust in the door jam.

See below for pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah Zaff,
Looks like to much mucking around and i am 2 hrs away. I understand its a sale as is, which is fair enough. Some one will snap up the car soon no doubt. Thanks for your time.

·
NON TURBO XF....
240 Posts
where is the car located? has it been resprayed? (it looks clean) do all the electrics work? what is the interior like?

i am looking for a new car as my xf ghia was just written off and i have all the parts.

cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G'day

My name is **** and I'm using Zaff's login to reply to these posts.

The car was hit by an old lady two years ago in the left rear quarter panel was replaced and resprayed.

The central locking does not work properly and the left front windows switch doesn't work however the window will go down using the driver side main switch. Also, the boot release button doesn't work. It would not take much to get them working again though.

Apart from that, all electrics work.

The interior is in good condition for it's age. Ofcourse the centre console bin floor is broken (like all good xf's) but the seats and carpet have no rips or tears. The dash has always had a dashmat on it so there is no sun damage.

The car is in Bundoora.

Now that I have other expenses I don't have the time to fix the xf so if anyone gives me a reasonable offer, it's theres!

·
NON TURBO XF....
240 Posts
hey ****, thanks for the reply - i am interested in the car (i love them in white!) you got any pics of the rear by any chance? it's just i am in Berwick and it's a long way. those problems with it are nothing - typical xf stuff. how old is the gas system? i'm guessing its auto. who lowered it? how old is the suspension? did you get the cam installed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't got any pics of the rear of the car. Anything you want to know in particular?

The gas system would be about 6 years old but I would have to double check the compliance plate. And yes the car is an auto.

I got it lowered at Midas in 1999 along with the extractors and exhaust.

I bought a reconditioned engine from HPM in 2002 and while my mechanic was installing it I asked him to put the cam in. The engine is still under warranty. The original XF cam is crap cos it's made of a soft metal that wears over time whereas the new cam is made of a stronger metal that will not wear. It's also better designed specifically for a car on gas.

If you want any more info you can email me directly on:

[email protected]

·
NON TURBO XF....
240 Posts
is this still for sale? i have bought one but my sis may be interested in upgrading from a pulsar!! let me know.

cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts