Ford Forums banner

XFGhia or XF Panelvan?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you had the choice and there was only 2 of you to transport around which would you choose and why?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well depends what you need it for:

- the ghia is far more practical if you would find on occasion you need to fit 5 people in a car, and unless you get gas the boot is a fair size, and you get the nice luxuries.

- the panelvan will allow you to carry a fair pay load, you could sleep in the back, but will only ever hold two people, 3 if column shift, WHY NOT A UTE??.

If it was me I would go for the GHIA, but your choice in the end :0)

Jason

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
panelvan. you can sleep in the back of it!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Davway, im in the process of looking for a pano, so that gets my vote. But it depends on what ya want it for - I go fishin a bit so it would come in handy. Your in wbool, small world hey. By the way are you interested in buying an XF? Ive got one for sale.

Cheers

·
XD V8 Owner
621 Posts
Depends if the panel has windows in the rear, not to keen on the windows, all metal is the go (or did all XFs have windows in the rear std? I know XDs didn't).

Even plain white panels look sweet. Hard to get thou esp straight without rust, theres just so much metal, which means if you can get one thats straight/rust free its would definetly be a goer.

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
panelvan for me but i would have the ghia interior. :driver:

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Pano for uhhhh, stuff. ;)

Seriously, right now I'd get the pano. I'll only ever need to move myself and one other around and the back would be great for little road trips/crashing in there after a hard night on the piss. I'd also love to go to Bathurst in a pano, just live out of the back of it.

Though it's gonna be a 351 XB pano :D

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete84 said:
Davway, im in the process of looking for a pano, so that gets my vote. But it depends on what ya want it for - I go fishin a bit so it would come in handy. Your in wbool, small world hey. By the way are you interested in buying an XF? Ive got one for sale.

Cheers
ill see how i go tomorrow. panelvan is up first before the ghia. either way i dont really care but if i get the panelvan id be getting a ghia interior.

got some details on your ghia?. ie price, condition and all the usual including an estimate to be RWC. where in the Bool are you?

·
Circuit board dressups!
1,124 Posts
Well done mate, nice price, I woulda said Pano too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts