Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a standard XG cluster yesterday for my XF. All I grabbed was the actual cluster itself and I'm not too sure if I needed more than that or not.

I heard it was a straight swap... I was wrong. The XG cluster looks to be the same shape, but has different pin connectors and different mounting positions. Therefore making it bloody hard to fit straight in.

Has any one done this before? If so, how the hell do you do it, or is there more needed for the job.

ALSO! When I put my old XF cluster back in, the speedo doesn't read properly. From 0-40 it seems slugish, but when it get just over 40, it hits 70 pretty quickly. So unless my XF is a rocket all of a sudden, I would say somethings wrong.

I was told that perhaps it is a dirty connection, but it could also be something knocked loose. I took it out, put it on the passenger seat for about 5 minutes and then plugged it back in, I didn't fiddle with anything. Any idea's?

·
mmm..Vee 8
496 Posts
Check to see if the large connector to the bottom of the dash is firmly in...i remember pulling mine out and the connector was a bit stiff to get in...but it should be nice and firm, other than that check to see if any pins are damaged, after all these dashes are getting old now and maybe it diddnt like to be removed..you diddnt tilt it or anything when it was out?

Extreme

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I pulled it out I placed it on the seat next to me, but I didn't exactly treat it like a bomb or anything, I didn't think they had to be looked after so much, hell, after all the dirt roads I've been on you think that putting it on the seat wouldn't ruin it.

Might be taking the car to the next town tommorrow to put it on the duno so I can know exactly what speed I'm doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts