Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to bayfords the other day and asked for an xh snorkel for my ed and the guy came back with one that sloped downwards for an ef airbox. Then i said ok try the xg snorkel and he said that doesnt fit on the ed airbox it seems every1 has got one of these and i can't get 1 some1 help!!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
He got you the wrong one an XH ute is an EF body shape with EF moter but ED intake manifold and airbox etc but still runs eec 5 i think. I reakon he got you an EF onwards XR snorkel. Here is a piuc of what it should look like coz I too originally was lead to believe I needed an XG one and an XH was no good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey so i ask for an xh snorkel but the one for eec 4 yhe? also how da f*** does but donnet close as the mounting location for that snorkel isnt where the old 1 used to be

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
Make sure its for the XH1 and not any of the xr utes becaues the xr ones used the BBM which obviously wont work.

You have to hacksaw the shroud a bit to get it to fit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
can someone give him the part number off their's? then he'll know hes getting the right one

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
EDFPV-6

It's like danege says, you need an XH1 snorkel (for EEC4 airbox & EA/D style intake) not XHII or XR utes.

To fit the snorkel (and thus be able to close the bonnet) you need to hacksaw the old mount off to allow it to fit. Do a search there are before and after shots here somewhere.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
If you get thermo's you wont need to hack the shroud :) also free up a few more ponies.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
EDFPV-6 said:
went to bayfords the other day and asked for an xh snorkel for my ed and the guy came back with one that sloped downwards for an ef airbox. Then i said ok try the xg snorkel and he said that doesnt fit on the ed airbox it seems every1 has got one of these and i can't get 1 some1 help!!!!

I had the same problem, and i went to 2 ford places.

eventually the guy said its an XH Ute "OUTBACK" snorkel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanx for the help guys! Auisixa how come i wont need to hack the shroud if i get thermo's please explain

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also another thing is the ea-eb throttle body to airbox hose better than the venturi style ed one ?? if so whatst he part number for that and why would ford change it if the eb one was betta???

·
Registered
847 Posts
It was basically introduced to reduce induction noise, that is all.

·
Registered
847 Posts
EDFPV-6 said:
cool thanx for the help guys! Auisixa how come i wont need to hack the shroud if i get thermo's please explain

The shroud for the thermos ef onwards dont have the molded part where you screw down the original snorkel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so does the ef radiator shroud fit onto a ed radiator???

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is it possible to just use the shroud then and put davies craig thermos in there aswell or would i beta off using the factory ford ones?

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think you mean Thermoswitch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts