Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just aquired an XH ute. It has smartlock fitted and came with a remote, but the remote doesn't work.

I have read in various places, as well as heard from the local for dealer, the sequence of things you need to do to reprogram the remote. Unfortunately they all include the use of the rear demister switch. XH utes never came with rear demisters.

Anyone know how the utes are supposed to be done, or have if the utes came with remote access at all?

Thanks in advance.

·
MY GHIA
113 Posts
if it dose have a remote
with the car off turn the key to acc pos then within 5 sec pust the rear demist 3 times the doors will lock then unlock then push the botton on the romote the doors will lock /unlock then turn the car off the keypad will now work

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
mate he said it DOESNT have a rear demist switch. Only thing i can think of is the econ switch? Perhaps try the sequence using it in place of the rear demist, other than that im stumped.

·
MY GHIA
113 Posts
oh yeah i missed that bit :) i was thinking to the wromg model

dose it have door lock\ un lock switch ?

·
5 Litres of Fun
417 Posts
What model XH is it? Series 1 or 2? Is it a GLi or S? Some had keyless entry, others didn't.
Let us know what series and model and I should be able to help.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Sounds like a series 2 GLi, the S & XRs had rear demisters. Series 1 GLi's didn't have Smartlock (like mine) - the way I look at it I have 50% central locking.

PURSUTE, unless fairmont1998 comes up with the goods, you may have to pay a visit to your friendly Ford dealer. PS, if you do take both remotes as they need to make sure they are both reprogrammed the same.

·
5 Litres of Fun
417 Posts
All series II had rear demist if I remember right... mainly for the smartlock I'm guessing.
Any idea what it is PERSUTE?
It is possible you've got a series one GLi and the remotes don't belong to it??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I have just aquired an XH ute. It has smartlock fitted and came with a remote, but the remote doesn't work.

I have read in various places, as well as heard from the local for dealer, the sequence of things you need to do to reprogram the remote. Unfortunately they all include the use of the rear demister switch. XH utes never came with rear demisters.

Anyone know how the utes are supposed to be done, or have if the utes came with remote access at all?

Thanks in advance.
hi I have just programed my remote for my xh ute by taking the demister switch out of my mum's car and plugging it into the white plug behind the blank [two connection here aerial /demister ]. Turn ignition to acc push demister switch 3 times within 5 sec. door buttons will cycle then push button on remote

·
OutbackXH
3 Posts
I have an XH, had the same problem. To reprogram old keys or program new keys without a rear demister switch, you have to jump-connect two pins in the diagnostics plug under the steering column. Gregorys tell you how in the XH manual. :hy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi dont know if you still need or not but to re-program a keypad in xh ute you need to earth out the pin in the diagnostics plug 3 times then it will go into training mode the pin is the top row second from the right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts