Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

my dad is buying a 1965 xp falcon "deluxe" sedan to do up.

it has had an XB 5 stud "upgrade" on the front, and the dif (ford 8 inch, 5stud) is there to put in the rear end.

it has vh commodore (boohiss) brakes on it and calipers to go on it aswell as a new brake booster and brake lines.

the engine (pursuit 170) has been done up a little, not 100% sure what has been done yet though other than the head gasket. it has a 3 spd auto.

it doesnt have a radiator, but weve got the radiator out of my EF that he wants to put it it with a thermo fan conversion (if it fits).

interior is in VGC it's dark blue/turquise (that's dad's words not mine, so not sure), exterior is mostly rust free, except for the usual places roof, sills etc painted in it's factory white.

he just basically wants suggestions and guides as to the brakes/dif etc.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Fordlover, in the past I have built an XM coupe and fitted disc brakes using XY spindles , a VH40 booster and the original master cylinder. This system certainly worked, in fact the brakes were savage, (i probably needed a proportoining valve). The diff in the car was a Mustang 8 inch and worked very well. My current project uses an RRS strut conversion, this system uses VS/VR Commodore discs. Works very well and parts are readily available.
Hope this is of some help.
nassi

·
Registered Abuser
438 Posts
Is the diff set up for Holden wheels??
The std diff is supposed to be 56 inches wide .
When i got my Xm it was fitted with a Xt 8inch(59inches) and XC 4wheel disks
Im wating on some new axles as im fitting one shortened to 55 inches which is as short as you can go with the stock leaf spring location
But it also means i have to change caliper positon as the springs are right were the caliper now sits.They need to rotated around 15deg to clear Ive done done this by using Xe rear callipers and redrilling the calliper brackets for the new position

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not sure, it's still got the xp diff in it but the guy is throwing in the second dif he got for it, the front uses XB 5 stud so we are assuming it's the dif from an xb aswell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
a 6 cyl Cortina radiator with modified brackets would be an easier fit. Get one with a heavy duty core. Cut the radiator support's opening it up a bit & make up some brackets to mount the bottom mounting pins. I did it for an XM, it moves the radiator forward a little bit & allows easier fitting of a 250 if you use the Cortina fan spacer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts