Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was there a GT with a faster time than the Black Panther? :sperm: :sperm: :sperm: :sperm:

·
Registered
674 Posts
1st off, what a top night! SO many cars, SO many spectators!... And finally, to see a heap of BA's (Pursuits, GT's GTP's, XR8's, only 1 turbo I think?) from here...Great stuff!
The highlight of the night would have to be 100% winning nearest to the pin in the 12.99 section (I think he ran 13.1)... following closely as 2nd highlight, would be the clean as a whistle black XR8 running a 13.8! He said it just BIT in & pushed him back in the seat! This is after running mid/low 14s all nite! ( just proves how critical the launch is!)
I think it was FPVGT ( red GT with stripes) who ran a 13.7 to just eclipse the XR8 time?
Another great moment in sport would have to be the David & Goliath match race between a certain blood orange GT against a phantom XR8 ute! With the underdog just getting the bickies!...
Traction was once again a concern... I really think Calder has had its day?.. The crowd was enormous, showing Drag racing is alive & kicking!.. Pity it can't be showcased in a decent enviorment?.. The whole facility is in dire need of maintenance, the return & staging roads are deplorable, The bloody ET & MPH light boards are impossible to read, even the machine that prints timeslips needs ink!
Anyhow, Was a good night.. And nice to be able to put a few more faces to names!
How addictive the 1/4 mile can be!! (Now wheres M/T slick distributors ph No.)

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Sounds like u's had an awesome time!!! loved to have been there!!! and some good times being produced... great job all round guys!!! :hy:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I already mentioned traction problems... The far lane was downright scary!... early in the night, I honestly thought I'd lost it!... To break traction at 4500rpm in 3rd, (sideways) then off the gas & on again, and for it to again start sliding with wheels spinning at whatever speed (I imagine around 90mph) is unbelievable! A mate of mine in a 300GTS commie had the same thing happen! (same lane, 2 runs after me)
I will concede, that as the night wore on & no doubt more rubber deposited, it improved. How this was ever the home of the Nationals, I'll never know.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Top night and good to see some nice looking Ford vechiles for a change.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
it was a fun night we got to meet a lot more FF boys...Charlie can we ring someone about the return road we need a Calder working bee....as for ink on those time tickets surely with the crowds there pulling at $17 a head they can buy some ink and put new light bulbs in those time boards...and thx to Rod for his help, with my Ute.....my utes best run was a 14.70 @ 96.46 mph

·
Registered
760 Posts
one would think the calder owners would get a little serious with the repairs, from what i have heard it was a great turnout.
although given the runners were fully aware of the very poor track restrictions,
well done all, awsome stuff..
cheers.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Great night it was really awesome to see so many Fords there especially the amout of new BAs and all the vibrant colors of the Ford range.Just a pity the maintenance of the Calder track is in dire needs of repairs,otherwise a good evening was had.
Cheers John

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did GT 522 make it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
13.7 Good one Alex

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Just had a look at my mates XR8 venom ute timeslip and was suprised to see a 100mph terminal speed.Best time recorded was a 14.5 with a cold air intake only.Not bad for a workhorse.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
I was very impressed with a 1O3.57mph.Hopefully next time a mid 13 sec pass can be achieved.

·
Resident Budget Racer
380 Posts
FPVGT said:
Just had a look at my mates XR8 venom ute timeslip and was suprised to see a 100mph terminal speed.Best time recorded was a 14.5 with a cold air intake only.Not bad for a workhorse.

Sorry to the guy in the blue BA ute I beat early in the night, I prefer beating GM's (Honest!)

The real "Work Horse" Stock white XD Van 351

Clevelands Rule!!!

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
It was an excellent turnout there last night. Previously i'de run a 14.8 at heatchote and got it down to [email protected] in my BA XR8 ute. I think at least a few tenths are still there with better launch, i think i'm still over cautious about getting too much wheelspin, need to drop that clutch a wee bit harder. Was still a bit hot early on, and quiet, where we got about 5 quick runs in.

I think with a bit of money tipped in by the owners the circuit could be greatly improved, the return track, the time display, and limit the bloody cop car on 2 wheels display and more drag racing could be fitted in! There were some seriously quick cars there last night too

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
Interesting ,
30 odd year old technology and still up there with the new stuff.Cleveland V BOSS well i have to go Cleveland.

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
Now come on guys, this thread should have been titled

XR6 TURBO blitz's V8's again!

Great night though, awesome to see all the BA's, shame I only worked out my correct tyre pressure on the last run, but managed [email protected] witha 60ft best of 1.99.(damn that elusive 12sec time slip)
I don't think I got to meet everyone, but there's always next week!

Who's coming? :wnc:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
What tyre pressure did you have down to in your last run Mark?
Cheers John

·
Thirst For Gasoline
15 Posts
wish i went to the drags would kicked ass......HEY EVERY1 LONG TIME HUH

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
i can feel that arm being pushed up my back again..... ok ok i submit i will come back next week

wish you blokes would stop doing that to me forceing me to run again......... stop it i like it......... lol

i had a great night last nite, it was good to put some more faces to names

the highlights of the nite for me was

1 /
Mark ( XRFPV8 ) flogging that orange thing... carnt recall what car it was, maybee someone in here knows

2 /
Mark ( XRFPV8 ) running his best time to date 14.7 great time for a XR8 ute

3 /
Mark ( 100% ) running his best @ 13.0 & taking home the trophy.. enother to the collection........ maybee it time to enlarge that cabinet everybody would have to agree that he has that thing hootin

4 /
my 14.110 for the night is the best i have run, better than the 14.187 that i ran @ heathcote

5 /
the BEST highlite of the night goes to Charlie with the BURNOUT @ around 150Kmh up the top end of the track... great driving Charlie but remember burnouts are to be done at the other end of the track & not in the middle of a race expecially at that speed :AAHHH: :wnc: :AAHHH:

regards
rod

1 - 20 of 195 Posts