Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys if anyone has been into the classic falcons site you'll know i'm doing my head in with what color to do my car. panel guy told me to decide within the next two weeks. a mango orange would look nice (in my head) butcould someone put it on my car so i can see. oh and dump it on its nuts.

thanks chris

Attachments

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
It's abit too hard to do as you kinda need a flat finish already if you want to change color via photoshop. There are too many contrasting areas and it'll basically look like a dogs breakfast if you attempted to alter the color. A picture of the car before it was stripped back with the origional paint would be better, and preferably in full sun, not half shade as your picture is.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought that might be the case. this isn't my car (sorry if its yours) but it has a good view and in full sun. can anyone give it that orange look i was after. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that. any chance of getting it lighter like boardering on yellow. looks kinda like the holden tiger mica color that every gemi and his dog is now doing.
thanks

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
xr-smothy said:
heh buddy how did you change the colour? which program did u use can you post a metallic light green colour up.
the program is Adobe Photoshop

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
I'm a dumbo...but how did you change the colour of the object and not its surrounding? Do I need to use a special select function or something like that?

Thanks in advance...

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
I'm a dumbo...but how did you change the colour of the object and not its surrounding? Do I need to use a special select function or something like that?

Thanks in advance...
there are 2 ways that i know of.
the first is by going into the "select" menu....and choosing the "color range" option. from there u can choose the basic color. the program will select that color range but you will still have to select bits and pieces...especially on poor quality photos....or photos where the object is in the shade etc...

the second (also needs to be used with the first) its using the "magic wand tool".

this thing selects whatever u click....but gets the whole area matchig colors. once u have used the color range option....use this tool while holding the shift key to select the rest of the area that is getting the color change.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Here's a few colors... hope they help you decide

Mango1

Mango2

Black

Blue

Red

Kermit Green

Orange

Opel Green (color of my 68 Fairlane)

Fluro Green/Yellow

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Nice work there Pearly

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Pearly i liked the blue one the best was it blue print....???

·
Registered
53 Posts
cheers pearly just to look at different colours on a car that looks real,really helps to make the right choose and its amazing how different the same car can look with a differnet colour.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts