Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the barra, next falcon, coming out next year, in the XR variant, shall have a single light, containing 2 smaller lights. Something like the Audi's, or rally version WRX. This should look quite cool. Cannot wait. The XR was released, apparently last week at Product. The first made shell is also done, is in Melbourne now! Good news, the laminated firewall stays, for NVH purpose......

Jas

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
This look was shown at a clinic a fair while ago or so the story goes! Sounds like they made the decision to go with it!
Getting closer with every sleep:D :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
HSE2 said:
This look was shown at a clinic a fair while ago or so the story goes! Sounds like they made the decision to go with it!
Getting closer with every sleep:D :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Yeah, is anyone having trouble sleeping yet?
I am :rolleyes:

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sleep...........how can I.............too excited......told my bro in law to make sure he stays at Ford long enough for me to buy a barra.!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
sleep...........how can I.............too excited......told my bro in law to make sure he stays at Ford long enough for me to buy a barra.!
I am free for adoption. Please!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Heh who knows by the time of the Barra II I could be outa here with an IT degree workin @ ford to get my own employee discount, here's hoping ;) :D

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I worked for Fords, a while back. Used to buy a new Ford every 6 months. Loved that aspect of it, otherwise the place was a prick. So backward, it wasn't funny. I was a sh&t kicker fair enough, but the culture at Ford is just so backward. Best to get a family member to work there..............or have your sister marry someone...

About adoption, nah, you wouldn't want to be adopted into my family........... :)

Jas

I should go to bed

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
I worked for Fords, a while back. Used to buy a new Ford every 6 months. Loved that aspect of it, otherwise the place was a prick. So backward, it wasn't funny. I was a sh&t kicker fair enough, but the culture at Ford is just so backward. Best to get a family member to work there..............or have your sister marry someone...

About adoption, nah, you wouldn't want to be adopted into my family........... :)

Jas

I should go to bed
Backward culture? Can you expand on this a bit more!

Adoption. If it means I save as much as what some people on this board have mentioned, yes I would. I am cute and cuddly and toilet trained, well nearly. Do have a bad temper and sharp teeth, but am usually harmless unless provoked. I know a few tricks but generally not very smart!

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Just read what you typed, the perfect kid hey!!!!!!

Ok, backward culture.........I think this problem may not be unique to Ford alone. But it is not a forward looking company. main goals seem to be to kiss arse, to external sources, especially in regard to ISO etc. But although the company preaches these polcies, through their natural work groups, they do not empower them. The employees are not valued. They are just numbers, who are not listened to. This problem mainly exists between middle managment and the ground floor people. The middle guys are only interested in satisfying their quotas to gain their bonuses, and pay little heed to the ideals coming off the floor.

Where I used to work, year in, year out, the same problems, the same lame excuses, the only things which would get done are those in which greivences or injuries cam about from. As for product input, non existence. In the old days employees could get bonuses from ideals, this was great for an incentive and also loyalty. I think most ford workers now only care about their pay........Also there was a defeatist attitude. Constantly told how little we meant to Ford world, and recieved little input from our own management. I bet I am sounding doom and gloom. But hey I waont harp on to much more. I am still sort of surprised how passionate I am about Ford's. I love Ford's. Gave the company my best, and still stick to the products, but I was useless to them.............

Jas

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
The employees are not valued. They are just numbers, who are not listened to. This problem mainly exists between middle managment and the ground floor people. The middle guys are only interested in satisfying their quotas to gain their bonuses, and pay little heed to the ideals coming off the floor.
Seems to be a common problem in most major companies. Middle management need a foot in the rear at my work too. We have had major chances to advance our business unit and they've just looked at us and said "Sorry you guys spend too much. We're cutting everything you've got". Apart from the fact we're 1 out of 5 areas that consistantly return over $1.5m after abnormals each year, they still think we're hopeless. Mind you the other 4 areas seems to loose around $2-3m each. Makes you wonder if they're all that keen on making a quid.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I work for a large company that are trying to change. They have been trying for the last three years. I can't say I am too happy with the way they want to go about things. When I was in school kindie was treated like they seem to want to treat us now.
Always thought I would have loved to work for Ford but after hearing this!

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
The headlight setup for the XR AV (Barra) sounds like the sketch that was shown to me, kind of like the last GT Falcon sketch I posted.

BTW when you say (VilkasMaximus) that the the XR was released last week and the first shell has been done, do you mean the Barra or the 220Kw XR8?

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
J-Type, I was referring to the Barra XR, I have to speak to my friend again and gain some first hand info. Current info is second hand. Something along the lines of the barra being released at Product, whether or not in clay form, I am not sure. I do know that the first barra shell is in display in Melbourne, if you can see it, now.

Oh btw, I know some Fords are attracting a 3% price hike next month, not sure if it applies to falcons...

Jas

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
Oh btw, I know some Fords are attracting a 3% price hike next month, not sure if it applies to falcons...
Oh boy!!.. That's just what's needed to boost sales of an already struggling model... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Might be good for resale but for overall numbers it might not be such a good idea. Unless Holden do the same, why raise the price even higher and give folks more of an excuse to buy a dodgydoor.. :( :rolleyes:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Thats good news. I've always liked the idea of multi lens within the headlights, should look great if its done right. Will have an all round classy look while at the smae time looking nice and aggressive, which is what I think's needed to attract broad market acceptance.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
mmm... AV XR, my next car I hope. I can't wait...but I have to. It's still 1 1/2 away.:(
The light setup you're talking about Vilkas sounds a bit like the R5 concept ute, which I thought might possibly be on all model AV's. As long as the XR has got it's "own" front end treatment i'll be happy. Come to think of it, a while ago I remember Ford had a poll somewhere about the XR quad lights and whether they stay or go...The answer was a resounding stay!
Rastus.:cool:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Bugger the front end just rebadge the BMW range as the Falcon range.
M3=XR6
M5=XR8
7 series=Fairlane
Etc Etc
:D :D

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hear the grill looks similiar to the current Calais set up, can't remember off the top of my head what that looks like.........

1 - 20 of 46 Posts