Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I heard around the traps today that the XR headlights will be the ued on standard falcons in the AV series.

Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I hope not. That will dilute the XR legend if a lowly Forte has the same lights. Be a bit like Holden, can't tell an SS from an Exec sometimes.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
does that mean the stock falcon will have quad headlights or the XR will lose the quad headlights an adopt the normal ones which will be on the AV? Coz I can guarantee you there Will be quad headlights on the AV XR range and I highly doubt Ford would have adopted the quad headlight for stock falcon AV. Ive seen supposide pics of the AV falcon and none have indicated quad headlight treatment. So I can't help but beleive this information is not genuine. Sorry thats just me, but there evidence indicating such a move is just not evident right now.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey i am happy to be proved wrong, but I rather post what I have heard and open it up for discussion rather than file it in the bottom draw.

Do you agree?

T

·
0 Posts
Anyone have any piccies of the supposed AV...????????

As for the headlights saga, just let me say this,....aarrghh........, having said that, it would be a shame to drop the quads on the XR's for single's in favour for quads on the AV and vice versa. if they do go singles then I would assume they would be single units, but a 2 in 1 feature, as on the supposed new ute.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I think I got one somewhere...

Damn it, It said its too big... what do i do??

T

·
0 Posts
if your pretty good at going your way around windows, go to paint, call the file up and cut the sides of to make it smaller, or e-mail me with the piccie and I'll post it for ya.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Give me ya address then! - I can use FF mail but you can't attach....

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
colour loss was unavoidable due to size of piccie.
The car does look half decent huh?
I can't remember where I got it from though:rolleyes:

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Yep

THE DOCTOR said:

As for the headlights saga, just let me say this,....aarrghh........, having said that, it would be a shame to drop the quads on the XR's for single's in favour for quads on the AV and vice versa. if they do go singles then I would assume they would be single units, but a 2 in 1 feature, as on the supposed new ute.
Try this Doc an AV Coupe:p :cool:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thats a Hillier coupe. Can't remember the blokes name but I think it's got some grunt to back the looks, blown 5.0? If that pic is right about the AV then Holden is DEAD! That thing looks unreal.

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
Yep, it's a Hillier, check out the Nov and Dec 2000 Motor mags, they show the red one and a yellow version. The Dec article seems to indicate that the engine is a 350kw blown 4.6 V8. Both articles are worth a re-read as they spell out what they see as the future of Ford sixes and eights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts