Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just a quick note to all, i have found a supplier or a fibre Glass copy for the original kit.

Prices are:
$120 front Pods
$220 Side Skirts
$240 Rear Skirt

If any one is interested please let me know on 0407 901292

Cheers

Muddie ;-)

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Is that $120 for the pair, or each for the front pieces?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Venom XR,

That price is for a pair, they will also paint them for around $80.00. Freight will cost $9.90 in sydney and about $15.00 all other places.

There paint work so far seems OK..

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Sounds good to me, as the cheapest I could get the original front pieces was $115 for each bit ($230 the pair.)

Can you email me all the details?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Muddie, I'm pretty keen to try fitting a pair of the AU2 extensions to my AU1 front, any chance you could ask these guys whether or not it could be done, or can anyone advise me on this??

·
Registered
372 Posts
Would that be $220 for the pair of skirts?? And will the rear skirt go on a series 1 rear bar?

G

·
I'm New to this site, I have a XR6 series 1,
Like the look of series 11 body kit. Have a series 11 bootlid spoiler but would like the full kit if possible. Can the side skirts and rear skirt and the 2 small side pieces for the front be fitted to series 1.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I don't think the 2 front spoiler pieces will fit on an AU series I front which is rounded, not squared off like the series II. They might well screw in place, but might not look right. You might have similar problems with the rear skirt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I fit bodykits at work (Bathurst car cosmetics 02 6331 8242) and the series 2 front pods are a different shape then the series 1 bar, they will screw on but not match the shape. The rear bar will not fit at all, the s2 bar is lower and wider than the s1. The s2 side skirts will go on no worries.

Shane

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks mtpanorama!! that is a real shame about the rear bar, but still interested in the skirts though. Just Got One, can you get a hold of the front spoiler that is on the series 2 Fairmont Ghias?? They kinda look like the series one front spoiler, but they dont have the part that follows the wheel arch up!! If that makes any sense to ya!!! And how long can you have these skirts at these prices??

G

·
I'm not sure where I saw it but I'm sure XR8sam has fitted series ll side skirts and rear bar to series l. Is this so?. If so how does it look.

Mt.Panorama, how much different is the shape of the small front pods of series ll. Would they still look alright?

·
Registered
50 Posts
XR6HP,
The bumper on the series 2 is flat on the underside where the pods screw up to and they match this shape. I think you will find that the S1 bumper is rounded at the bottom and i am not sure how the pods would look.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
XR6HP, I'm pretty sure XR8SAM fitted side skirts and the entire rear bumper+skirt from Laminge's (vic xr club/ford forums) XR, which is also series I.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Guys, Laminge gave me series 2 side skirts and series 11 rear bumper with lower skirt fitted, they obviously bolted straight on. See pictures at Fordforums/showroom/samsxr8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts