Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have owned a AU XR6 for about a month and have started to notice that gearbox is increasingly difficult to change into 1st gear particularly when stop starting in trafic or going from reverse to 1st when parking. Another owner told me this is normal for the box and his car is the same. I had a NRMA inspection done for warranty purposes and they said ther is a problem with the gearbox 'binding' or something and I should get it checked out. Ford dealer couldn't find a problem with it but I'm not sure how hard they looked. Do any other owners have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
g'day dave my auxr6 has a similar problem hard getting into 1st &2nd gear but also really noisy as well.when going from 1st to second thers a clunking noise i was sure it sounded like it was coming from the diff. took it back to ford and they reckon the noise is "normal under load" and it's just a noisy box i reckon ford must know theres some sort of problem and are just playing dumb how could a new car make such an annoying noise?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts