Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any performance figures for a standard xr6 with no mods, and with mods....jus the 0-100 and 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? thanx much appreciated

·
Registered
158 Posts
0-100km: 8.1secs
1/4 Mile: 15.8secs

Quick for the standard XR6 ,thats the auto too.

·
a vile merchant
714 Posts
Sad times we live in when 15.8 is considered quick!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
At FF Heathcote meeting on Jan 10 Night_Lurker in his BA XT ran a 16.02

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Sad thing nowadays when the xr6 is no quicker than the base model in a straight line, NA XR6 should have been 200kw IMHO!!!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Weight!!!!

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
I was browsing an old Wheels mag on the w/e with the 4 Falcon v Comm comparos, the XR6 had the 3.45 diff vs the 3.23 standard, and was also quicker. I'll look up the times & post.

·
Just hear the Exhaust!
72 Posts
8.1 seconds, 0-100? Hmm....My BA XR6 N/A ([email protected]) will beat the stock XR6T on take off, towards the end of winding out 2nd gear, it's game over as the T's boost has kicked in, but by 5600 rpm in 2nd, I'm doing over 135kmh It's definatley quicker than 8.1 seconds but I don't have an exact time. (Stock XR6T's have been clocked around 5.7 seconds, 0-100, ).

Mate I'm glad $2,900 was spent on making our XR6 more "decent" with chipping the computer and a decent exhaust system.

15.8 Well I'd believe ours is at least capable of low 15's to high 14's. I might let you know in winter hey? : ) Stocko T's have done 14.3's and less.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Motor mag have a time of 7.2sec 0-100 and 15.2sec for the quarter, although it's listed as an XT time I'm assuming in manual.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive seen an XR6 N/A at the drags couldnt break the 15 sec barrier.It was pulling 16`s constantly.I think its a bit slow considering the eb-d xr6 did mid 15`s when they 1st came out.

·
Loco
211 Posts
Supa R00 said:
Sad thing nowadays when the xr6 is no quicker than the base model in a straight line, NA XR6 should have been 200kw IMHO!!!

Thats what I was going to say.

My Forte is also rated to 100 in 8.1 seconds :fraz:

Out of curiousity (never driven xr6 - XR6-T is my next car) - What would the XR6 bring to the table which the Forte doesnt?

·
Just hear the Exhaust!
72 Posts
Bangers said:
Thats what I was going to say.

My Forte is also rated to 100 in 8.1 seconds :fraz:

Out of curiousity (never driven xr6 - XR6-T is my next car) - What would the XR6 bring to the table which the Forte doesnt?
It's just a more refined car to be honest with a little more power. We had an AU III XR6 VCT which was a wee bit more powerful than the forte. The BA XR6 N/A is a vast improvement in handling, looks and creature comforts, not a real performance winner. I loved the VCT but the BA? Had to have it. Kicking myself now though. If you're getting the XR6 TURBO, you will love it. Stock, it's great but as you would have read, it has room for so much potential. You won't be sorry.

In all honesty, I wish the ED Falcon I had could have only lasted 1 year more, an XR6T would have been on order if I only knew what was just over the horizon. Wish I never saw the XR6 VCT.

Grave's dug now. Selling the N/A would be a complete waste of money therefore plans in a years time is to supercharge it and really mod it into a balltearer.

·
Banned
421 Posts
For my Xr6 NA I have managed a constent 0-100 time of mid six seconds (6.55 to be exact), courtesy of $600 worth of mods (basically exhaust). Before the mods, it was around 7.2 secs, so I dont know where someone pulled that 8.1 from (probably an auto so it dosnt count!)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The G-tech are pretty good but they are out .For example In 1/4 mile mode In my ED XR8 sprint at the drag strip i got a 15.1 and with the g-tech i got a 15.6.Like wise with my BA ute on the strip i got a 14.4 and g-tech 14.9.
They work on inertia over time.In my case when ever i have used it its about half a sec out.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Checked the mag, must have been the same one XR8GN3 was reading! 8.1/15.8 (auto, as stated before) which was 0.3sec quicker than the XT auto tested in the same issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
XRSIK said:
For my Xr6 NA I have managed a constent 0-100 time of mid six seconds (6.55 to be exact), courtesy of $600 worth of mods (basically exhaust). Before the mods, it was around 7.2 secs, so I dont know where someone pulled that 8.1 from (probably an auto so it dosnt count!)
hey bro
any chance of you telling what kind of work youve done mechanically to pull low 7's.
ive got a 12/03 XR6 n/a ...love it heaps ...but an extra 20 to 30kw would be fantastic.

cheers
sal

1 - 20 of 27 Posts