Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi a friend of mine is looking to buy an XR6 Turbo engine and i'm wondering if anyone on here would know where there is one for sale and how much it might cost.

all help appreciated

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Ford might sell you one in bubble wrap, prob set you back in excess of ten grand but. Your chances are slim to find one, especailly since for $4000 you could turbo any 4.0 motor from 1992-2002 and get the same numbers.

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94ED_Fairmont said:
Ford might sell you one in bubble wrap, prob set you back in excess of ten grand but. Your chances are slim to find one, especailly since for $4000 you could turbo any 4.0 motor from 1992-2002 and get the same numbers.
but they are not dohc

Also it is for a guy who is looking at developing his own kits for them similar to the aps and nizpro ones.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Look at the auctions for a wrecked one... That would be the cheapest option, and you get a few extras like gearbox and diff. You can also recoup some $$$ selling the bits you don't need. But going to Ford for a new one would cost big $$$$.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
a guy in my town bought a written off xr6T for 8 grand... he owns his own smash repair buisness, spent 10k on it and now he has a new xr6 Turbo for 18 grand, i kid you not!!!... lucky bum, youve gotta have contacts though to find somethin like that!

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
I tried to order a complete turbo engine from Ford, they rejected the order. So i rang order control, they said 'no you cant order one unless you have an XR6 Turbo.' I replied that my customer has 2 of them and wishes to have a spare motor for development and they still said no. Go figure, i thought a sale was a sale to ford NPD but obviously not.

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys, i will pass on the information. I will have to keep my eye out for a wreck tho by the sounds of it.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i think wreckers will be your only hope, but i think by the time you find out ones there it will be gone!! good luck anyway!!!

·
3,666 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
MMMMmmm, one of these would go nicely in my ED, but how would you get around the Fly by wire throttle?
Or could you use an AU set up?
Go on Kerry - you'll be happy with the result!

·
3,666 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
Unless you want to buy me an XR6T donk complete?
:p
Might be worthwile approaching Ford, FPV, Prodrive, Coca Cola, ect and see if they would sponsor the project!

I'd buy ya one, but I have to do up my mustang first :cheer:

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
MMMMmmm, one of these would go nicely in my ED, but how would you get around the Fly by wire throttle?
Or could you use an AU set up?
im pretty sure motec has a fly by wire capable system available that you could use...cost as much as the donk though!

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
EBXR said:
Might be worthwile approaching Ford, FPV, Prodrive, Coca Cola, ect and see if they would sponsor the project!

I'd buy ya one, but I have to do up my mustang first :cheer:
maybe he could develop a coke powered DOHC turbo engine.... ;)

actually that stuff is probably potent enough to be used to run something :AAHHH:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts