Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how much boost the turbo can handle safely and what mods i should do so far i have cold air pannel filter blow off valve and ive just brought a boost contoller i was thinking exhaust and mayby fuel injectors :hy:

·
I <3 my XR6T
24 Posts
The rods wil break before the turbo does. Max is about 10-12 psi (prolly about 300rwkw) before the valve springs and injectors need upgrading. Depending on the year of your car, you may have wasted your money on a boost controller. The BA/BF computers are very tricky, and if you try and "fool" them by bleeding off some of the boost pressure going to the wastegate actuator they will read that as an overboost condition and go into limp mode.

·
I <3 my XR6T
24 Posts
I'd say so, prolly a couple of grand including labour, but it's not something I've researched (as I said, stock internals on an XR6T are good for around 280-300 rwkw)

Point is, if you wanna make power, you gotta spend the $$ :)

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
injectors will need to be done b4 300rwkw you wont make that power running safely with standard injectors, get a dyno and see how they are then flash it, bada bing bada boom 300rwkw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts