Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Crazy Kid!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it is possible to put a Unichip in an XR6. I know it can be done to an XR6T but I dont know if it can with an XR6. If it is possible, what would be the cost of it and how much power would it be giving to it. Oh and where would I be getting it from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think u can install a Unichip on a BA XR6, and the power will increase by 10%(from 182kW to around 190-200kW)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cost is about the $2k mark. A full exhaust and CAI with better filter ( ie BMC or k&n ) is probably far more cost effective and will get you +200kW.

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
unichip shpould set you back roundabout $1200 fitted and tuned. should give you a 10-15% in rwkw as well as a lot better economy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
A unichip is around $1,200- and you can fit it to a non turbo

Elmer Fudd

·
Crazy Kid!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what price is it exactly? $1200 or $2000? And where would i be getting one from? Herrod, APS?

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
If I were you, I would be doing full exhaust and CAI first and then do the Unichip. This will enable the tuners to factor in the enhancements you have made. Unichips are approx $1200, depending on the fitter.

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
unichips are reprogramable. If you do any mod to your car after you've installed te unichip all you have to do is go back to the place where you got the unichip installed and dyno tune it. Thats why unichips are so popular.

·
WHAT THE?
925 Posts
I've got one in my EA. It was about $1300 installed from Dynomotive in Bayswater. Do what the other guys said and get the exhaust first and any other mods your gonna do....then get it tuned for the mods you have, otherwise it'll cost you around $300 every time you want to get it re-tuned for a different mod. I got about 10rwkw out of mine and fixed up my over-fueling issues.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
^^^ What he said^^^

·
Registered
548 Posts
Spoke to Rob at Herrod 2 days ago $1500 fitted tuned and dynoed,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts