Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this link out. APS's xr6 turbo clocked at 307 kays an hour at avalon airfield is australias fastest 4 door ever clocked unbelievable :AAHHH:

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
its everyware

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah its kind of old news lol but its all good. Just a thing they mentioned about the xr6t when the guys who drove it said they wouldnt reach those speeds again because its to damn scary and the handling on the xr6t wasnt very good. there was shaking and the car would veer off slowly in an direction. Then again its not something you see everyday a ford do lol.

·
Get It On
209 Posts
Rodderz said:
Didnt street tuner write that article about the APS Stage IV in MOTOR?

Apparently a target of 350km/hr is in reach...but who will drive it?
i can put my hand up i am free not unless i become a flasher no best leave my shirt on
i think this is still the record and there is more to come they smash them all records how many do they have

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
GRUMPY1 said:
i can put my hand up i am free not unless i become a flasher no best leave my shirt on
i think this is still the record and there is more to come they smash them all records how many do they have
Grumpy i heard there was a clevo in there :driver:

·
Registered
223 Posts
XBGT73 were you in a hurry to take your kids to school mate LOL.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
KNG-40L said:
XBGT73 were you in a hurry to take your kids to school mate LOL.
It's only when the ferals are out behind him mate he just keeps it flat to the boards. :whip:

·
Registered
24 Posts
xbgt73 said:
10 kmh more than this:
Only using 1/2 you brain that day hey :1poke: :be: :wgaf:

·
Australian XB Member
88 Posts
KNG-40L said:
Yeah its kind of old news lol but its all good. Just a thing they mentioned about the xr6t when the guys who drove it said they wouldnt reach those speeds again because its to damn scary and the handling on the xr6t wasnt very good. there was shaking and the car would veer off slowly in an direction. Then again its not something you see everyday a ford do lol.
No, it wasn't shaking, and neither did it veer off slowly.
the only issue the car had was that Ford never designed the bodyshell with those sorts of speeds in mind, and there was enormous aero lift from both ends of the car, and it was only exacerbated in the transition to full braking at the end of the 3.1km runway.
it actually pulled so quickly that it was like driving a rear drive rally car, with half a turn of lock snapped on here and there, in either direction, just to keep it straight at 300+.
I neveri said i wouldn't drive his 350km/h car - because i've got a fair idea peter and the boys could engineer a car to do that. Only said that, while i was glad i'd driven it at 307, i wasn't sure i wanted to do it again with the existing aero package - eg, no aero package at all... If you ever doubted that the Falcon (and Commodore) road car rear wings were nothing more than cosmetic, here was the proof.
there's a very good reason why V8 Supercars run wings and splitters...
and, because the speedo ran out of optimism long before it ran out of urge, i didn't know how fast i was going. which was probably a good thing. i knew it was hell quick, but i figured around 280 or so, because i don't think we'd ever punched a stocker past 250 (the FPV stuff is limited).

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Captain said:
I never said i wouldn't drive his 350km/h car - because i've got a fair idea peter and the boys could engineer a car to do that. Only said that, while i was glad i'd driven it at 307, i wasn't sure i wanted to do it again with the existing aero package - eg, no aero package at all... If you ever doubted that the Falcon (and Commodore) road car rear wings were nothing more than cosmetic, here was the proof.
QUOTE]

Hey there Captain!

I can confirm that is exactly what you said. I can also mention the humble radar operator's surprise when you came hurtling ( un-announced I might add!) towards him at 307 in a falcon. Up until that point the winner of the excitement stakes at that end of the strip was a toss up between seeing how fast the Gallardo would go, or whether the Bentley would stop, then here you come out of no-where in a taxi doing 300+ !! Nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts