Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
APS claim to have a 411cc multi orfice injector. I'm quite sure its part number Bosche 0280155968. As far as the latest bosch catalogue goes there is no larger multi orfice injector available. Has anyone bought these so called 411cc injectors and whats the part number on them (if its not ground off).

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
turbotrana said:
APS claim to have a 411cc multi orfice injector. I'm quite sure its part number Bosche 0280155968. As far as the latest bosch catalogue goes there is no larger multi orfice injector available. Has anyone bought these so called 411cc injectors and whats the part number on them (if its not ground off).
You just have nothing better to do than to attack APS what the hell is your problem????

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Well What is with the comment "if it is not ground off" regarding the serial number. You never actual say it but it is always obvious in every post you put about APS is that you for some reason think they are a shonky business, I'd just like to know why????

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
Come on boys, take it easy please. We don't want this thread to disappear do we?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
i could check if u want i work at bosch, std xr6t injectors are about 330cc by memory and are $35 each i think. they class them in grams of fuel a minute.

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
I have not tried to start anything or be rude or offensive in anyway so i am sorry for sounding that way, but I am just sick of the posts directed at APS, not just in this thread but in others.

thanks for the warning guys I will not say anymore about this topic unless in it is in a PM.

381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fordomaniac, injector companies like RC Engineering in the states grind the numbers off the injectors they sell cause they try and make it harder for anyone else to buy the same injector elseware. I quote them the injector part number to send me and specifically tell them I dont want the numbers taken off and they still grind the numbers off??
Quickcorty, I don't have the Bosch book on me but the standard XR6T injector flows 202grams a min at 3 bar where as the above injector flows about 320 grams a minuite at 3 bar. You can approximate grams with cc per min for simplicity purposes. However as you have stated APS quote the standard injector at around 300cc a min and their hiflow replacement at 411cc but the pressure rates are unclear. I suspect that they are quoting the flow rates of both injectors at 4 bar as this is what the turbo XR6 operates under. If you can provide any more info it would be great. Up until recently Bosch have been very tight with tech stuff but recently they have released heaps of good info. For anyone interested Bosch now actually have a higher flowing pump than the 040 bosch motorsport pump (which used to be the highest flowing).

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
turbotrana said:
turbotrana,

I can't help you with a part number, but I can help you with some accurate information!
I'm not sure where you have seen APS claim to have a 411cc injector, (as I can't find such a claim on their website) because they in fact use a 440cc injector(I have them in my car), so this might help you get what you need, instead of doing the R & D that APS have obviously done already.

381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I got that 411cc incorrectly from another forum but if you say 440cc then that makes alot more sense to me if you compare on a proportional basis. ie if 202grams/min @ 3 bar(as per bosch book) 280156123 XR6 turbo injector flows 300cc(APS figure) at ?bar then the 310grams/min @ 3 bar 280155968 should give 460cc at ? bar. I think APS is measuring this flow at 4 bar at which the turbo runs at.
100% stealth ute, why dont you read what part number injector you have and post it. A few people would be interested.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Interesting that you also noticed this constant attitude from this individual,for that reason we will not post any information to his requests.

Peter

APS

fordomaniac said:
Well What is with the comment "if it is not ground off" regarding the serial number. You never actual say it but it is always obvious in every post you put about APS is that you for some reason think they are a shonky business, I'd just like to know why????

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
turbotrana said:
100% stealth ute, why dont you read what part number injector you have and post it. A few people would be interested.
Yeah, a few people who wish to profit from APS's hard work I'd reckon!

Post the part numbers, :noNO: I don't think so! If APS won't give you the part number, neither will I.

381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hard work???. It took me all of 1 min to look up the Bosch catalogue to get that part number. A call to Bosch and Petroject to confirm that there is NO higher flowing EV 6 design type injector available. So I'm pretty sure I'm right. Most injector flow rates are quoted at 3 bar. So its not really a 440cc by normal quoting standards. Its only 440cc at 4 bar and approx 310cc at 3 bar. So really its approximately a 310cc injector.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.