Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: Please wait for final specs. Expressions of interest can be posted.

Car has 4400km on the clock with most items having run less than 2000km.

FOR SALE (TBC):
- Explorer type intake from Tickford 220 engine, upper and lower manifolds
- GT40P heads ported and machined by Herrods. 2.02 intake, match ported intakes. Next to no use at all.
- Yella Terra roller rockers (Street Terra) 1.7:1 as fitted by Tickford
- Roller Tickford 220 cam 268/274 adv duration, 11.9/12.0mm lift with lifters and pushrods
- 220 Tickford exhaust system from cats back

·
Classic Capri Member
153 Posts
Aussie Pete

I am interested in the intake manifold Upper and lower and the GT40'P' heads.

What sort of dollars are you looking for them.

I am building a stroker for my 1970 capri and I have the bottom end sorted just need the top.

Why are you upgrading??

David

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, the reason I am upgrading is the opportunity is there, and it is cost effective for me to do it now. Plus I can offset it against the almost brand new gear I can sell off.

I am sorting out final logistics of sourcing my new parts and will advise as soon as I know.

The most expensive part of the lot here will be the heads as they cost a fairly decent sum to have ported, inlet valves done, gasket matching etc from Herrods. However, they are the 330-350kW spec heads Rob uses on his stroker buildups. They were built from new GT40P castings and use the 220kW Tickford valves (2.02 intake size).

If I cannot sort out the sourcing of new parts, I cannot sell this gear. So, standby!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, it looks like the stuff I have been chasing is gonna be here in the next week or two. However, I want to wait until my engine is built up before selling the gear.

On the list of items I can't sell off is the lifters and pushrods (need them to match the build spec).

Judging from the response all this stuff is basically sold already so I will contact those of you that have expressed the keen interest and sort it out when the stuff is right to go.

Stand by!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a lesson for the dumb people like me.

I have now seen the heads off the engine and they are just fine, except they are in fact 49.3mm inlet valves and 39.4mm exhaust. This means the inlet valves are in fact 1.94 or 1.95 inch?
Anyhow, it means I have led people astray by saying they had been done up with 2.02s. In fact, it is my new Twisted Wedge heads that have the 2.02s and I have to say the difference is noticeable! I don't think the GT40 heads can take 2.02 at all.

Anyhow, the option is now to take my 220 Tickford spec heads which I believe are a better bet for a 5.0 litre and offer them for sale. They are exactly the same as the Tickford 250 stroker heads except that they are decked further to reduce the combustion chamber size.

If anyone wants the manually ported heads as-is, however with 1.95 or whatever inch valves, drop me a line. You can buy them direct from Herrods freshly cleaned up and reassembled. Otherwise. I'm going back to the 220 castings. You have until 23rd November to decide!

I will post a new thread when I have the parts in my hand and definitely available.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

If anyone wants the manually ported heads as-is, however with 1.95 or whatever inch valves, drop me a line. You can buy them direct from Herrods freshly cleaned up and reassembled. Otherwise. I'm going back to the 220 castings. You have until 23rd November to decide!

I will post a new thread when I have the parts in my hand and definitely available.
What do you mean you're going back to the 220 castings???
You can put 2.02 intake valve in GT40p heads as far as i'm aware...

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jase_ELXR8 said:
What do you mean you're going back to the 220 castings???
You can put 2.02 intake valve in GT40p heads as far as i'm aware...
For a 5.0 the smaller chambers in the 220 castings are a better bet. Plus the ports are better for street driving and response. Having looked at the 220 heads with the 1.95 valves fitted, they almost touch the exhaust valves. I guess if 2.02s are fitted the guides would have to be offset.

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Could you please let me know the price of the heads? as im working on 5lt now and need heads.

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Price?

Pete,
Are the heads still available because if they are im very interested if the price is right, im chasing more horsepower and your heads are a big part of the puzzle, let me know soon as im hungry for horsepower.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keep standing by people. I am waiting to make sure the new engine works before selling what I have. I will start a new thread when it happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts