Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,Just wondering if anyone knows anything about my car that ,I moved the same day a few metres and went to start it again a few hours later, started at first but ran like it was missing a cylinder,then just refuses to start all together , I flattened the battery trying. It sounds like when you take off a spark plug and ran rough. I do not know what the problem is. I hope someone here could shed a little light on the subject.Its done 149,000 km ,nearly ready for a spark plug change but it surely cant be that. I drove the car around that day and ran perfect earlier.If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Spectre

·
Falcon Driver
17 Posts
Never heard this happen on the BOSS motors (the I6 it was more common...sorta). I know on the I6 it was more to do with the computer thinking it was still running and it would do this. The fix was to hold the accelerator to the floor and crank the car. It would start like crap but it fixed it. In the case of the boss I've never heard of this happening.

·
Falcon Driver
17 Posts
Good stuff, in future just take the car around the block or just let it idle for a few mins I think that stops it from happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts