Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the latest issue of Motor the XR8 beats the SS in the comparo.

very sucky motor, must pay these journos more bribes.

We are not amused ;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
We need details mate!!!!!!!!!! times ???????????what are else? come on spill, I know it is going to hurt!

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
where...where!!
I've been looking for the new Motor...and Wheels and haven't seen it. must be out in the shops this week?
What are the journo's thoughts on the XR Brendon? :rolleyes:
Russell.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Brendan said:
In the latest issue of Motor the XR8 beats the SS in the comparo.

very sucky motor, must pay these journos more bribes.

We are not amused ;)
Ahh thats news to my ears mate, like rastus we need details, we need it now, what'd they say etc, so i'm assuming the XR8 will better 6.22 0-100km and 14.46 1/4's. :D :D :D

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
HSE2 said:
Come on Brendan whats the story? And why are we hearing it first from the enemy??????
Careful now boys go easy on him,, ;) You might hurt his feelings:(

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I've been told that MOTOR mag tested the 220kW XR8 over in NZ a couple of weeks ago, I hear they were very impressed with it.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK my little Ford noodles.

1. I received the September Motor in my mailbox today with my HRT Club 1 newsletter - Holden first in the post as well as on the track. :p ;)

2. Times as tested by Motor at the strip.

XR8 14.58 @ 159.2kph 0-100 6.40sec
SS 14.35 @ 162.8kph 0-100 6.23sec

XR8 has the edge on the SS until about70-80kph when the SS overhauls it.

They say that the XR8 is easier to launch than the SS.

3. Handling, SS more comfortable, XR8 rattles over bumps but more accurate steering.

4. Interior goodies, well pretty much same.

5. XR8 sounds horn

Conclusion:
So how do they shape up? The SS is still quicker in a straight line, but it's a close run thing. It is also more comfortable in many ways: better riding,smoother revving, quieter. It uses less fuel than the XR8 by a margin, but so does a 4 cylinder BMW.

The Falcon is no limousine, but it has been given an extra lease of life thanks to the extra power. It doesn't match the performance of the SS, but is far quicker than before and separated from the Holden by tenths of seconds rather than whole ones.
It also steers and handles like a champion, and makes a V8 noise to move mountains. Learn to live with the firmer ride and slightly harsher engine.

Never have an extra 20Kw made such a difference. The XR8 is a good thing. The XR8 rocks. The XR8 is the winner.
I had to type that last bit out myself. See what lengths I go to for you guys ;)

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Brendan said:
I had to type that last bit out myself. See what lengths I go to for you guys ;)
Thanks for that Brendan!:D
I bet that hurt eh!;)
Looks like good times for both cars. SS is still quicker.mmmm
Russell.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rastus said:

Looks like good times for both cars. SS is still quicker.mmmm
My VTII SS is still quicker. It's auto and ran 14.51 @ 96.98 mph when is was a stocky.

Having said that, the XR8 is lighter so should be a little quicker in practice.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Brendan said:
Having said that, the XR8 is lighter so should be a little quicker in practice.
mid 14's isn't bad for a run of the mill Aussie 5.0L though eh!
If they're showing the normal Windsor trait in that they're very tight until a few K go on board, faster times should be had!

Same times out of your auto VTII is good indeed.Lazy performance is nice.:cool:
Russell.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Might be wrong but I can't recall Holden getting those times from 220kw 5 litre in either standard or stroked form!

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HSE2 said:
Might be wrong but I can't recall Holden getting those times from 220kw 5 litre in either standard or stroked form!
VT GTS 220 did around 14.5 down the 1/4.

I just pipped one at the track so mid 14.5's

1 - 20 of 73 Posts