Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Australian XR8 Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, my dad recently made a purchase of an XR8 ute [2weeks ago].
He also got some extras, the one im curious about is the body kit.
what exactly does this add, and more importantly how will it make our ute look [FIND A PICTURE PLEASE!!]
Ive been dieing ever since 2 weeks were added till we get it, and a picture would help tonnes.
ps why arent their any pics of this at ford.com.au ive looked quite a lot!!
cheers, and excuse my extreme lack of knowlege

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ok Chris beat me to it. But those front extentions are part of the body kit for the ute. In fact as far as I know that is the body kit.
The sports bar is an option by itself, but I am not sure about side skirts. I don't think these are available but I could be wrong>

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
jack said:
that was pretty quick...
Bloody oath it was.. You want some info on Fords fast.. you'll find it here at FordForums.com.. ;)

Oh BTW.. welcome aboard jack :D

·
Australian XR8 Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno, all i know is that we payed [i think] $1200 bux
so we should see some improvement...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ok You have my interest now What is the ute body kit? For 1200 you would want to have more than I thought it was!

·
Australian XR8 Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HSE2 said:
Ok You have my interest now What is the ute body kit? For 1200 you would want to have more than I thought it was!
I know, when i was looking over the payment papers that my dad signed i was pretty stoked he was forking out for them, when i asked him he had about as much info as i had.
[p.s we're also getting the "tanno" hard [spelling] cover]

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I thought the bodykit for the ute was basically the same as the sedan just redesigned to fit the ute.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The 'ute' bodykit is identical to the one fitted on the Pursuit editions earlier this year. Front extensions, side skirts, rear skirts.

·
1,610 Posts
I think the side skirts continue right to the back, so I presume they would continue around in some form.

I am basically going by the 4 pursuit utes I have seen.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I haven't seen any pursuit ute and am having a hard time picturing what the rear would look like? Anyone have a picture of this rear skirt?

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
We have an XR8 Ute with body Kit arriving within the next 2 weeks.

I can take some digital snaps of it and post it up here if you like.
It is Venom.,

·
1,610 Posts
HSE2, I know of 2 blue ones and 2 white ones and personally I think they look really good, the bodykit just adds a bit more of an aggressive stance to the look of the ute.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts