Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear through Roman Autotek that the XR8 Sequential show car is for sale. Love those 19 inch Speedline Magenesium Alloy wheels!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Adam W said:
Yeah that EL was awesome, I wonder how much they will get for it.
Doesn't it have 220kw?.
It has 215 but before Tickford sold the car to Roman Autotek they removed the sequential shifter...

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Are the wheels on the XR8 sequential the same wheels that were on the Tickford Fairlane from a couple years back.:mmm:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adam W said:
Are the wheels on the XR8 sequential the same wheels that were on the Tickford Fairlane from a couple years back.:mmm:
Not that I know of. The Sequential wheels are 19 inch Magnesium. I doubt a prod car would have magnesiums.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Whatever happened to the sequential shifter ? HJ, why was the shifter canned? You wet our appetites and then leave us hungry. I would've thought it would be a great marketing idea to have the sequential in the XR's but hey, it's not the first time Ford has left us baffled!!!!!!!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Got an article on this beast in a mag (Street Heat I think) from a year ago or so, the sequential box was taken out, the thing was running about 210 or 220kW from memory. Can dig up if anyone is keen... still had those 19" lovelys on it...

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Guys,

If i'm correct i think this is the car i saw at the tickford club meeting at night. Also my avatar :D .Very very nice paint job, and the wheels oooh yeah. Venom S is this the same car that we saw then, the bloke who owned it said it was for sale, and didn't have the sequential shifters either. I think the car has 215kw, pretty much the same gear and spec as the car i love the SVO 215i XR8.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Mr GTHO said:
Whatever happened to the sequential shifter ? HJ, why was the shifter canned? You wet our appetites and then leave us hungry. I would've thought it would be a great marketing idea to have the sequential in the XR's but hey, it's not the first time Ford has left us baffled!!!!!!!
Don't get me started on Ford and the great show cars that never make it into production!!:( This car would have done wonders at the time as a limited number special.:nuts:
It's happen so many times and I'm afraid that it's happened again after the last Melbourne motor show. :rolleyes:
Russell.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
If i'm correct i think this is the car i saw at the tickford club meeting at night. Also my avatar :D .Very very nice paint job, and the wheels oooh yeah. Venom S is this the same car that we saw then, the bloke who owned it said it was for sale, and didn't have the sequential shifters either. I think the car has 215kw, pretty much the same gear and spec as the car i love the SVO 215i XR8.
Yeah EF, that was the very same car. The ex-Sequential XR8 was very nice looking, be interested to see what price he gets for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts