Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pushbike Rides
113 Posts
Can i take a punt and assume you are talking about the very small flares on the front edge of the front guards only about 200mm long and not very wide. They would look like an eyebrow when not attatched to the car.

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
the good oil on this

so it goes like this

tony (he maybe wrong to)
claims these are an ADR spec` dew to the wider wheels on the XR models protruding from the guards

he might be right
i thought they were mudflaps in the wrong spot or the boys at tickford had some plastic left over lol

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
WASA:
It may be due to ADR (I think it is) as I believe the wheels must be fully within the line of the guards within a certain steering angle.

However, I think it has more to do with the ride height. As you turn the wheels and go through a large bump the tyres can contact the guard lip. This can cause cuts and more often than not will cause the guard to be damaged. I've seen some cop cars with guards bent at that exact spot - probably from this problem. By having the 'flare' or 'eyebrow' (?) the tyre is kept from snagging on the guard.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
How do the flares stop the tyre from hitting the guard?

isnt the "eyebrow" flare just stuck onto the guard?

·
7,777 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
How do the flares stop the tyre from hitting the guard?

isnt the "eyebrow" flare just stuck onto the guard?
I was referrin gto AU assuming it was the same. I guess I've gotten this thing sidetracked......

·
421 Posts
not busy enough ...........

pete you need your car back to keep you out of trouble lol

whens the big event ?????? i want to come and see the rocket fly
wasa

·
7,777 Posts
Re: not busy enough ...........

wasa said:
pete you need your car back to keep you out of trouble lol

whens the big event ?????? i want to come and see the rocket fly
wasa
What car? Do I have a car? :BW:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Re: the good oil on this

wasa said:
so it goes like this

tony (he maybe wrong to)
claims these are an ADR spec` dew to the wider wheels on the XR models protruding from the guards

he might be right
i thought they were mudflaps in the wrong spot or the boys at tickford had some plastic left over lol
Wouldn't doubt it at all, my car has em also, along with the Factory 8" rims. I wondered what they were for when I got the car!
Russell.:s3

·
421 Posts
CAR ???? YOU DID HAVE ONE !!!

Aussie Pete said:

What car? Do I have a car? :BW:

Red mate, it was red ,i've got a pic of it so you can find it

I send it to you .

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Re: the good oil on this

wasa said:
so it goes like this

tony (he maybe wrong to)

he might be right
I will add my name to this reason as well. Body works told me about this, and that came from JB himself.

I can understand Laminges car hitting the wheel and guard but not standard ride height cars. Mine is lowered in the front but not as low as Laminge and I have never had it hit the guard

·
7,777 Posts
Re: Re: the good oil on this

HSE2 said:
I can understand Laminges car hitting the wheel and guard but not standard ride height cars. Mine is lowered in the front but not as low as Laminge and I have never had it hit the guard
Well, I rented a Fairlane over the weekend and its guards were bent in exactly the way I described. So there! :read:

·
7,777 Posts
Re: CAR ???? YOU DID HAVE ONE !!!

wasa said:
Red mate, it was red ,i've got a pic of it so you can find it

I send it to you .
Aaaah, I vaguely remember that :wtf: :BW:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Re: Re: Re: the good oil on this

Aussie Pete said:

Well, I rented a Fairlane over the weekend and its guards were bent in exactly the way I described. So there! :read:
So there eh.

You made the mistake of saying rented.

The damage you discribe can be done in other ways and it is all related to the plastic underneath. Not saying the wheel hasn't caused it but I can tell you for a fact I unrolled the innerguard and it had nothing to do with the wheel hitting it

So there

·
7,777 Posts
So there BUDDY! :s3 :s1

1 - 20 of 22 Posts