1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Genuine 67,000 klms, Original BODY KIT,
5 speed manual, Tickford Suspension pack
15" alloy's, colour White and red stripes,
Excellent CONDITION, one owner needs to pay for trip over seas, reluctant sale, first to
see WILL buy.contact phone: 47 781 222 ask
to speak to Desmond Goodall,
Price:$ 21,000 ono

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Malcolm,

No offence but I think you will be doing well to get any where near $21,000. I tried selling my EF XR8 a couple of months ago. Mine is very similar to yours except that I have the 16" wheels and it has only done 46,000kms. Its in showroom condition. I advertised it for $23,000. The best offer I got was $17,000. I decided that if that was all it was worth then I would hang on to it.

Cars these days ain't worth bugger all!! I guess thats a good thing if you are a buyer, but not much fun if you bought it brand new and just starting to realise how fast they depreciate.

Regards

Anbo

·
JOHNSXR6
150 Posts
DEAD RIGHT

ITS TRUE!
I NOT LONG AGO TRACKED AN EL XR8 SERIES 2 185KW JOBIE DOWN FOR A FRIEND WICH ALSO HAD KONI ADJASTABLE SHOCK AND SPRINGS AND SLOTTED DISC ALL ROUND, EVEN HAD A TRIP COMPUTER INSTALLED WITH 90 ODD THOU KAYS ON THE CLOCK FOR 18 GRAND AND IT IS IN GOOD CON ALL ROUND!
BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS, THERE IS ALWAYS A SUCKER OUT THERE WHO WILL PAY FROM OUT OF THERE ARS IF THEY LIKE THE CAR, TART THE GIRL UP AND GIVE IT SOME ATTRACTION IS WHAT THEY WANT! THE XR8 WAS BROUGHT OFF A NSWXRCLUB MEMBER SO I TELL YOU KNOW LIES, SO IMAGINE HOW HE FELT WHEN ALL HE GOT WAS 18 G FOR AN EL11 XR8 WITH ALL THE GOODIES? THE NEW OWNER IS HAPPY AS LARRY WITH THE CAR I SHOULD MENTION AND LOOKS LIKE JOINING THE CLUB AFTER HE FINISHES DOING ALL SORTS OF TART UPS TO IT.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep thats the only reason I will not sell mine, theres no way i would even get back what i paid for it, let alone the goodies its got on it.. the only way i can think of to get a new car is to swap my xr8 with my g/f's fairmont ghia and trade hers in on a ute. :crazy1:

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Yeah...

At this point in time I dont plan on selling my car. Even though I am thinking about getting a new car in the next year or so... I will still keep the ED.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yes, the depreciation on new cars is a killer.

i try to look at it the same way a company would their company cars. to get the best value for money, you have to either update the car while it is still almost current model or keep it for the long hall, ie. 10yrs+.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts