Ford Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
gzr351 said:
Just goes to show there is a lot of people who have bad taste.
'Course there is.. Look how popular Holden is... :fmad:

G

·
IMO, i think the commie looks a bit flimsy, as in the cab part being huge with the bodykit and all that, then the middle looks weak

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
it almost looks as if they have gave up on it and cut the top off the stationwagon made it into a tray and got rid of the doors after the b pillar. Although I'm sure Holden did a good job :rolleyes:

·
2,153 Posts
At the Enfield Auctions I saw a black AU2 xr8 ute. I started it up and straight away notice that it had a very growly exhaust note. I opened the hood and it had a Synergy 5000 engine. Isn't that the Tseries engine? It didn't sound like a standard XR8! The number plate I think was XR-08U, it had about 15K on the clock, leather interior, momo steering wheel and chrome roll bar.

:D :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Interesting. Would like to know the history on that beast:)
The simple explaination is that the previous owner changed the exhaust and engine markings but that would be a long shot. What engine power rating were they claiming for this car?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
The AUII XR8 has the synergy markings on the engine, just a different engine cover. Should have an engraved signature of who built the engine too... :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yes that is true FM but that is for 200kw units only. The ute in question should be 185 and of the utes I have seen the plentum chamber badge is the same as mine.
Sedans of series 2 vintage do have the synergy marking and have the old Tseries 200 unit with a different engine moulding. I have one on my car and it caused untold confusion with the parts people

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.