Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's some photo's of my pride and joy.

Attachments

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next

Attachments

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And another

Attachments

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And finally, under the hood.

Attachments

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aussie Falcon said:
Great looking car. Congratulations!:thumbup: :thumbup: :cool:

Would you have a photo showing the exhaust tips?
Thanks, I am stoked with it.

Sorry don't have any shots that show the exhaust tips clearly, wouldn't it be great to have a digital camera !.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Looks great XR8220, I bet you're very happy, and making Aussie Pete even more edgy:D ;)
Taken it for a good country drive yet? Or is that when you took these pics?
Nice going.
Russell.

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
How could you not fall in love with a car like that, simply luvverly. The big question is, what's she go like??, I think we're all desperate for a road test report, so when you're ready please please let us know!!!!, oh yeh, great colour too.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
TeeHee said:
How could you not fall in love with a car like that, simply luvverly. The big question is, what's she go like??, I think we're all desperate for a road test report, so when you're ready please please let us know!!!!, oh yeh, great colour too.
Damn straight!.. Mate that looks sensational.. Congratulations on your baby..
BTW.. where did you take those piccies? The area looks familier but I can't put my finger on it.. :confused:
Once again congrats man.. :thumbup:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
That engine bay shot looks far different from mine! I must say the body kit really makes the car IMO. I couldn't imagine it without. The only thing missing is some 18 or 19 inch rims (yeah baby!)

If someone is after a shot of the exhaust tips, see the thread "That Sound I'm Looking For" in the tech section.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
XR8220,

Very nice car, you definitly must be a happy camper. Makes want to get an XR8, and yeah the colour is nice as well.

Let us know how she goes, the windsors need up to 20k for it to reach full run in.

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for all you kind words.

To answer a couple of the questions,

Color is Narooma Blue, new color been available for a couple of months.

Photos taken in the Bells Beach , Angelsea area (VIC). Went for a little drive down the Great Ocean Road. Now that was a bit of fun!. Haven't really wound it out yet, but through all the twisty bits the car was just sensational. You would have to try real hard to lose the back end. Had a couple of interesting moments though, came round a nice sweeping left hander to find a car stationary in the middle of the road, fortunatly nothing coming the other way. Went past the scene of two motor bikes having a head on on the way back.

Pete, you've got a lot more free space in your engine bay, at least you won't have any trouble getting at what is left!. And agree with your comments re the body kit. Wouldn't look complete without it.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
XR8220 said:
Photos taken in the Bells Beach , Angelsea area (VIC). Went for a little drive down the Great Ocean Road. Now that was a bit of fun!.
I thought it looked familier... I was thinking around Torquay somewhere but I 'spose that's close enough!.. Great road to take her for a run in mate.. The road to Apollo Bay is sensational for twisty bits I reckon.. Now I really wish I was in your shoes!!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I must say the body kit really makes the car IMO. I couldn't imagine it without. The only thing missing is some 18 or 19 inch rims (yeah baby!)
Don't I know it! I'm sourcing the Tickford kit through my connections, and hopefully I'll have it to paint/attach soon.

I've also considered a wheel upgrade, as the AJR stuff looks very good. As always, a matter of $$. I'm thinking of the more cosmetic changes first, as I've got 2 years worth of warranty left to eat up before I go nuts on the mechanicals! :D

·
7,777 Posts
Venom S said:
I've also considered a wheel upgrade, as the AJR stuff looks very good. As always, a matter of $$.
Make me an offer on a set of brand new XR8 17 inch wheels with the factory Dunlops!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Make me an offer on a set of brand new XR8 17 inch wheels with the factory Dunlops!
My Xr6 has the 17" XR8 wheels with Dunlops already. I just wanted to go a bit bigger, go a bit more original. :D

·
7,777 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:

You upgrading your wheels also! Is it four or 5 wheels? I would consider them. I first need to work out the insurance implications.
I had better find out if my car has five mags I suppose.......

CONFIRMED:
Five.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts