Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matey - did you get your 220 stickers for the rear guard and engine cover yet?

I'm just wondering because my car should be turning up this week and whether I should hassle the dealer for them.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Pete,

Have you taken delivery of your car yet?

Stock at my dealership has arrived with a 220 badge under the XR8 badge on the back.....

would think yours would come with it.

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Matey - did you get your 220 stickers for the rear guard and engine cover yet?

I'm just wondering because my car should be turning up this week and whether I should hassle the dealer for them.
No haven't got them as yet, but then again haven't hassled the dealer for them as yet.

Given that Partsguy has received stock of them I think a couple of phone calls may be in order later in the week. Just been to busy at work at the moment.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
partsguy said:
Pete,
Have you taken delivery of your car yet?
Stock at my dealership has arrived with a 220 badge under the XR8 badge on the back.....
would think yours would come with it.
City Ford has been receiving cars with the 220 stickers, however my car is a June build which was before the stickers were ready. Dealers are supposed to retrofit the stickers to the earlier cars. I should be receiving my car this week, however I've almost given up hope... :(

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Pete, why fit 220 stickers if you are stroking the engine?

What will your power output be then? Or is this also a secret?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaytyn said:
Pete, why fit 220 stickers if you are stroking the engine?

What will your power output be then? Or is this also a secret?
I always like to UNDERstate rather than OVERstate like some of the LS1 cap wearers :nuts: :D Besides, it's torque that matters - not power.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

I always like to UNDERstate rather than OVERstate like some of the LS1 cap wearers :nuts: :D Besides, it's torque that matters - not power.
How good's it gunna be Pete, with all that effortless grunt.Bloody thing'll roll quick.:D
We'll see how a 30 year old engine performs then eh!;)
Russell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts