Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone. wicked forum. just a few questions someone might be able to help me out with. i;m a student and have an xr falcon that i have been doing up. finally its in the panel shop getting straightend and sprayed. the paint is costing me about 5000 and the interior looks sweet so im not changing it. first question is, it has a 6cyl in it and i dont have enough to put in an eight, mechanically (i hear disk brake change overs are expensive) and being a student economically. what can i do for around 1000.00 to get some go out of the 250 pre crossflow thats in there. (iv'e already got it breathing better with extractors and a holley 350) secondly what does everyone think of orange on an xr. iv;e got about six weeks before the panel shop calls me to see what color i want it and i am really thinking of a mango orange color, lowered to the max (does anyone know how low i can go before rubbing the front wheels) whith the origanl wheels. going for the stand out class look rather a muscel machine. if anyone knows someone who has a car this color could you let me know how it looks. i'm a little worried it could be way too bright. final question for now is can someone tell me of some ford clubs i could join or swap meets in the victoria area. i live in dandenong and want to view some other cars and maybe pick up a few parts.

thanks chris

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
As far as Engine goes, if you can find a 2V head they are a fair improvement with a small Cam, Extractors and a 2 Barrel Carburetor.

I have seen an XT Falcon in Geelong in Acid Rush, it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
a few months ago in street machine magazine there was a bright orange xr wagon. looked sweet. if you keep the stock wheels on the car, you can pretty much have the belly scrapin on the road, and your tyres won't rub.
as smciner said, go the 2v head. they put out almost as much power as a stock 302, so with a cam etc they go pretty hard.
as for disk brakes, check out the "67 xr questions" thread by edmancometh,in this forum, you'll find the answers there
cheers,
Phil

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Welcome to the site

There are already a couple of car club forums on this site, namely the xr and fpv car club of victoria

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
montyv8 - just wondering if you still have that picture of the xr wagon. orange is a color that i think could look great in my mind but could be a disaster and a wast of money coming out of the oven looking like shit. I was also wondering if anyone can tell me what size cam and where to get it from in victoria if running the 2v head on the 250 (and what costs). thanks heaps for the replys. this is a great forum. usually i whenever i ask someone about something at a pub or somewhere, they just talk shit and reckon they know everything so thanks for the good advice.

chris

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just thought i would add a pic of my baby before she went to the panel shop. anyone wanna know anything about stripping a car using shit stripper and a crap sander just ask me. it was a ball breaker. especially with no garage at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey this is a pic i got from ebay of an xt. i decided to change the color to see what the orang i was thinking of would look like. what does everyone think

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
and you could get the number plate "FANTA" lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok you have convinced me. orange it is. i'll think about those plates montyv8, sounds funny but would look cool. think lots of people will reckon its a promo car though.

·
New to the Ford Game
36 Posts
freshinxr, the orange wag my big bro montyv8 speaks of is in SM issue Feb 2003, page 38. Maybe you can order a back issue. It looks bloody good in orange, but it's not quite as bright as your pic. Hope to see some more photos of your XR as you move through the build. I have some photos of my XR in the gallery, and under another thread. It's got a fair bit of work owing on it though. Maybe we can bounce some ideas off each other.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks i'll try and dig up a copy not unless there is a nice person out there who wants to sell it to me. or maybe scan the pics and send them to me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no good, definetly no good. Just got of the phone to the back issue order line for street machine and the issue with the orange wag (2003 feb) is no longer available. PLEASE PLEASE could someone with that issue email me the pics i'm after, would really appreciate at. i would be willing to buy the issue if someone wouldn't mind parting with it.

thanks chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts